Nick's Civic MB6 VTI-S

NIKH25

Great picture of the P black flip!  :smile:

Looks mint chap (even with granddad chrome headlights:wink:

:lol:  They're on the list, just need to find some time (that's not dedicated to cleaning and polishing) :P

I don't know if you know this, i learned the hard way with my MX5,  be extremely careful on edges and high spots this is where the paint is thinnest so strike through is very easy there 

I see the swirls you are talking about, step up on a test spot and see from there 

i love the ride height - its perfect !! + the wheels, everything just flows smoothly 

• Like 1

Cheers guys. :D

Thanks for the advice James, I took it fairly easy yesterday as it was my first go at this and was getting more confident by the end, when I have another go it will hopefully come up better still even though I'm really chuffed with how much better it looks already. :D

The bonnet is definitely the worst and tbh needs a respray as there are a couple of large chips out of it.

• 3 weeks later...

As some of you know, I got in on the group buy for the Meister R coilovers :D

First of all I have to give a big shout to Jerrick at Meister R for the awesome quality of the kit and the fantastic service (ordered Tuesday night, delivered Thursday morning) B)

IMG_0034_zps2f139829.jpg

So I decided to have a go at fitting these myself today and the results are much half and half, fronts on

IMG_0035_zpse42d98d0.jpg

Unfortunately I had a little trouble with the rears, I couldn't drop the rear trailing arms low enough to get the MG units out and I didn't want to undo the lca as the bolt is seriously rusty and I didn't want to shear it off as I need the car and absolutely can't have it off the road.

Anyway I dropped the car back down and it was seriously low at the front  :D  unfortunately it was too low to even get in my garage. :rolleyes:  So I've raised it up a bit, it's now about 15-20mm lower than it was and the arches are rubbing so it will have to go up a bit more tomorrow.

Absolutely knackered now, far too hot for mucking about like this. Oh and I managed to snap an arb drop link on the front too. :evil:

Having taken a quick drive into town and back I have to say you can feel the difference the steering feels sharper and even lighter too (might be my imagination though :rolleyes: ) and the ride feels more comfortable, at the front at least you can feel the difference going over the speed bump at the bottom of my road front to rear. :)

Hopefully it should be going on the ramp Thursday night to sort the rest out.

Nice one! How the hell did you work in this weather...?  :wacko:  I had the same problem with the lca bolts when I have to replace a leaking shock absorber. Rounded the threads off and then have to use a grinder  :evil:

Nice one that you got the fronts done. They are very comfy and the handling is amazing! Rears are a pain in the a*s, the bolt behind the disk for the LCA I've found is a bit easier to come off. Your about an hour away from me I think, if you can't get it on the ramps Thursday I can always pop down Friday evening or a Saturday afternoon and give you a hand getting them off and getting the rears on mate.