weetec.....part 2

weetec

Interesting stuff about your middle section mate. Mine (Powerflow cat back) is sounding louder than usual after a blast (only gets loud when exhaust is really hot) Most of the sound seems to be from the middle box, so could be same problem. Rear box is also louder now than it used to be, although does sound the nuts in Vtec! Time to get Ruby in for a nice new powerflow methinks! I'm also wanting it as quiet as oem (I've got an excuse now tho, I AM AN OLD GIT! lmao :lol: ) Does that manifold flange line up with the original cat? Quite fancy getting one. 8-)

Nice find on the early VTiS alloy gearknob too! Looks sweet!

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmm sounds tasty bud 8-)

I know peeps say they're identical (they're not...) but i even noticed a difference in low end grunt with my dc2 4-2-1 ;)

interested to know how the cams go...:)

Does sound awesome, power gain without making a song and dance about it, I dislike cars that sound like they are going 100mph when they are actually just struggling to make 30mph! :lol:

Could be a way forward with the DC2 manifold though! I'd probably still decat mine at some point, not yet though, got MOT soon and no money to fork out for goodies as well as she's also due a service!

hey dude,

i understand you bought a dizzy a while ago... would you happen to know what one you got?,. was it 68u or 44u, was sent one stated as 68u but got given a 44u and they say is the same, but 44u has two plugs and mine (d3179) has one giant square plug.. would it work if i kept it, snipped the wires and match them to the plugs on my connector would it work or would i end up throwing the money away?

hey dude,

i understand you bought a dizzy a while ago... would you happen to know what one you got?,. was it 68u or 44u, was sent one stated as 68u but got given a 44u and they say is the same, but 44u has two plugs and mine (d3179) has one giant square plug.. would it work if i kept it, snipped the wires and match them to the plugs on my connector would it work or would i end up throwing the money away?

hmmm... mine was the one with 2 plugs.. but hang fire.. there are 2 types of dizzys made with 2 plugs. one for the b16 and one for the b18. identical inside but alloy housings are different. speak to ignitioncarparts on 08448223575. dont go any way other than what you have.

Interesting stuff about your middle section mate. Does that manifold flange line up with the original cat? Quite fancy getting one. 8-)

i had to mate the 2.5" manifold collector to the 2.25" B pipe.. all custom stuff.

Mmm quite a nice add on there, I wonder where u keep getting these nice parts from :)
Ray, your a star. done me a huge favour i wont forget. im really impressed with the manifold. thanks [smitten.gif]

Did the DC2 manifold change the exhaust note much for either of you running them?

Seen a few on ebay going for decent £££!

Also as Dave asked, does it line up with the cat alright?

Lastly! Cams! Just cams or are you doing the valvetrain too?

Did the DC2 manifold change the exhaust note much for either of you running them?

Seen a few on ebay going for decent £££!

Also as Dave asked, does it line up with the cat alright?

Lastly! Cams! Just cams or are you doing the valvetrain too?

the exhaust is a quiet as oem now [smitten.gif] well chuft. :D8-) i had to modify my cat to suit the manifold as 2.5" is miles bigger. you just cant beat honda researched parts that are developed for power. look at the power of this manifold compared to others..

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3005484

then ask yourself why not. i have had a ebay 4-1 manifold with 2.5" collector, was not this good.. and the the cams and springs only at this point. leaving the valves alone. stock rev limit.

hey dude,

hmmm... mine was the one with 2 plugs.. but hang fire.. there are 2 types of dizzys made with 2 plugs. one for the b16 and one for the b18. identical inside but alloy housings are different. speak to ignitioncarparts on 08448223575. dont go any way other than what you have.

okay - so i think yours is a 2 pin one - mine is one big square connector - as opposed to your two plug - the alloy housing on mine needs to be replaced which is why i am having so much trouble with it - they sent me a 44U (same as 68U and 2 pin) think early MB's especially mine (97 model) has an 81U dizzy unit (single big square connector) - can you confirm the TD-XX code - see my other post under engine problems as having a right nightmare with it and dont wish to clog up your thread :)