MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Be worth getting the wheels sorted before you finish off any painting you want doing, I think you'll at the very least need the arches rolling but you can buy the gear to do it off the net for about £75!

I had my rears done by a paint pro, for £35 :)

Archenemy charged me £50 to roll and flare the front wings on my old EK4! Looked really aggressive! :mrgreen:

Be worth getting the wheels sorted before you finish off any painting you want doing, I think you'll at the very least need the arches rolling but you can buy the gear to do it off the net for about £75!

Be interesting to see it with a wheel test fitted if you have one around!

I'm selling 16" Rota Spec R but they are ET45 so probably no good to you!

Yeah I will need the arches rolling front and back, but I will leave that to the body shop when they go to paint it inside and out, which means I have to buy the wheel and fit the new hubs front and rear :evil: Once the arches are done I can take it all back off again for final prep and paint, just a ball ache to do though. I have SW98's on at the moment, but my new hubs are 98 Intergra so will need a 5x115 wheel. I'm looking at Braid Winrace A or Team Dynamics 1.2. Braid are a little bit more expensive but they are custom made and if I give them the dimensions of the brakes and suspension they will tell me if they clear so there is no issues. Need to choose soon as they take a minimum of 3 weeks to come through from Spain!

going to order any for wet weather and for spares :idea:

No plans to, fair weather racer :lol: I could opt for a semi slick tyre but I wanted max grip

More top fabricating going on here. :D

That's a strange tyre size, where do you get those from. :?:

Cheers. Slicks are measured in width and overall height - not aspect ratio. A friend of mine runs in the Hyundai Cup put me in touch with a race tyre company and managed to get a good deal on some new slicks @ £75+VAT a corner. Okay my speedo will be out by about 4mph @ 60mph as they will be a bigger tyre but it's not going on the road so shouldn't be an issue

going to order any for wet weather and for spares :idea:

No plans to, fair weather racer :lol: I could opt for a semi slick tyre but I wanted max grip

More top fabricating going on here. :D

That's a strange tyre size, where do you get those from. :?:

Cheers. Slicks are measured in width and overall height - not aspect ratio. A friend of mine runs in the Hyundai Cup put me in touch with a race tyre company and managed to get a good deal on some new slicks @ £75+VAT a corner. Okay my speedo will be out by about 4mph @ 60mph as they will be a bigger tyre but it's not going on the road so shouldn't be an issue

Oh, right, good price. :D

• 1 month later...