**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

Drove a 316 that we borrowed from my mate as one of the wedding cars for one of the mrs daughters LOL  Slow is not the word for it and to make things worse i believe the 316 (i drove on a 96 plate) is a 1.8 and the 318 was a 2.0 4 cylinder and 320 was a 2.0 six cylinder 

I have just had a look on wiki and the 1.6 is a 1.9, so worse again... And they're only 112bhp. Our MB3's are 114bhp from a 1.5! Crazy :lol:

Just a temporary hitch but what's to come will feel so much better. . Sanding them down is the hardest part really. .I was so fed up by the end I took mine in the living room and sat on the sofa sanding it lol :D

Haha, least you have luxury whilst working on the rims. I might do the same actually :D 

What comment was that? As Nick said, I avoid that place like the plague :lol:

Someone else on Facebook said "A 316 couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding" I thought you got it from there but I realized you don't do FB. 

I guess it's a common saying for the Beemer :lol:

• Like 1

I have just had a look on wiki and the 1.6 is a 1.9, so worse again... And they're only 112bhp. Our MB3's are 114bhp from a 1.5! Crazy :lol:

Haha, least you have luxury whilst working on the rims. I might do the same actually :D

Someone else on Facebook said "A 316 couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding" I thought you got it from there but I realized you don't do FB. 

I guess it's a common saying for the Beemer :lol:

I know its terrible the one i drove was the earlier one which i believe was the 1.8 before they changed to 1.9 LOL

I know its terrible the one i drove was the earlier one which i believe was the 1.8 before they changed to 1.9 LOL

I remember someone boasting about their 2.0l car having a "mighty" 150bhp and I turned around and said "That's 10bhp down on my 1600 Honda!" (Had the EK then!) :lol: 

• Like 3

Just been admiring some Honda's on a forum and look what I came across. Weds Farmas on this Del Sol. I asked the owner what are the size of the tyres, they're 195/60/14's. I got a set of tyres that size. So I'm going to whack them on until I get the other alloys resprayed. Better than steelies ;)

2gtvtjt.jpg

ohmidj.jpg