**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

• 1 month later...

Its been a while since I last visited the website, So its about time I do an update on my Civic! I fitted another backbox which came off a MB6 VTI (from scrappy, heart breaking to look at.. :( ) I also fitted clear indicators which came off a Rover 400. I got 15" black spoke Wolfrace alloys ready to go on but I need 2 new tyres.. I have also got a MB6 spoiler but I'm not sure if I want to fit it.. I haven't done much to the Civic but its a start! :D

civiccollegegarage.jpg

yeah, if you get the mods right, people who drive saxos vtr and vts will be asking you is that a 1.5? lol got quiet a lot people like them :)

even more with a towbar hanging off the back..... :lol:

Think that's just a trim isn't it? Should be ok with that but the insurance will fleece you for the most insignificant of mods; anything to get out of a payout. Wheels are not usually a problem ifyou declare them.

The 1.4 is more of a saxo/golf beater due to the short ratio box (no joke I drove the MA8 and a mk4 golf GTI back to back daily for several years). The MB3 is pretty handy if you can keep the revs up though.

Yeah perhaps lose the towhook and a few rear badges. Looks like a tidy first car though!

thats not a vti back box mate, thats an aftermarket one so you need to declare it to your insurance.......bend over lol

I know its not a MB6 backbox but that's what it came off. Its just a cheap universal Ebay crap. Sounds better though :P

Think that's just a trim isn't it? Should be ok with that but the insurance will fleece you for the most insignificant of mods; anything to get out of a payout. Wheels are not usually a problem ifyou declare them.

The 1.4 is more of a saxo/golf beater due to the short ratio box (no joke I drove the MA8 and a mk4 golf GTI back to back daily for several years). The MB3 is pretty handy if you can keep the revs up though.

Yeah perhaps lose the towhook and a few rear badges. Looks like a tidy first car though!

Na its only a universal Ebay backbox.. but I might put the original backbox on just to be on the safe side. These MB3's have ridicules long gear ratios, It can hit 90mph in 3rd! I am looking for another gearbox because its getting louder (Input shaft bearings). There is no bottom end power but it goes like stink once it gets over 3500rpm. Haha I know the towhook doesn't look cool but I am taking towing lessons soon to carry my bike trailer around :mrgreen:

good looking car. nice to see you cracking on with it

Thanks! I haven't done much to the car, just small changes like clear indicators, stickers and interior colour coding :)

Haha I know the towhook doesn't look cool but I am taking towing lessons soon to carry my bike trailer around :mrgreen:

Function trumps fashion. ;)

remember that you can tow up to 750kg on your currant full driving licence :ugeek: so you may not need to take the trailer test.