**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

Nice upgrade on the mani, looks exactly the same as the one on the D16 I'm putting in my ma8 :)

Probably is exactly the same as this one came off a D16Z6 (not sure whats the engine code on the MB4) How's the engine swap coming along on your MA8?  :D

Yeah I hope to get a 4-2-1 mani in the new year! There wasn't a shield fitted to this manifold and the other one didn't fit. But atleast the manifold isn't going to be as hot without a cat now  :wink:

The D16 manifold looks so much better in there. Do you have a D16 cat for MOT or are you putting the D15 manifold back on when the time comes? I'd like to upgrade my manifold but I'm wondering if I'm better off getting the entire D16 exhaust system along with it.

Nice mate..looking forward to it...so without Cat it generates less heat?

Yeah the cat can heat up to around 700 centigrade. And have that sort of heat in the engine bay doesn't do it much good. But then, Honda are not stupid so there must be a reason why the cat is in the engine bay 

The D16 manifold looks so much better in there. Do you have a D16 cat for MOT or are you putting the D15 manifold back on when the time comes? I'd like to upgrade my manifold but I'm wondering if I'm better off getting the entire D16 exhaust system along with it.

Thanks mate! I only had the D16 manifold itself but I hope to get a exhaust system and cat from a MB4. Or just get a center exhaust custom made and a cat to bolt on the D16 manifold  :)

Thanks mate! I only had the D16 manifold itself but I hope to get a exhaust system and cat from a MB4. Or just get a center exhaust custom made and a cat to bolt on the D16 manifold  :)

Sounds like a plan. :D

RIGHT! I am going to be brave now by lowering my car in the new year! I am sick of looking at it seeing it nearly done, but the arch gap is so big you can park a couple cars in there... It looks so out of proportion!

So like I said before, I am going for the cheaper option by lowering springs. Hopefully a 2nd hand set will turn up locally as there are always Civic's being broke for parts. Either a set of 35mm or 40mm will do...

It might cost a bomb when I declare it to the insurance company but I will sort something out  ;)

• Like 2