**My 1st car project thread, MB3**

vtec2011

I know I said this a few times now but it's gotta be done!  :lol:

Maz, I did have the opportunity to pick up a MG ZS suspension setup including the rear ARB from scrappy (same car I took the exhaust off quite recently) but I didn't have the right tools! Thing is I cannot just fit any MG ZS suspension on my Civic because of different spring rates and I will have to get lowering springs too. So its probably easier just to get lowering springs and put them on the standard shocks for now. Then when I have some £££ saved, I will consider getting a proper coilovers!!  ;)

I know I said this a few times now but it's gotta be done!  :lol:

Maz, I did have the opportunity to pick up a MG ZS suspension setup including the rear ARB from scrappy (same car I took the exhaust off quite recently) but I didn't have the right tools! Thing is I cannot just fit any MG ZS suspension on my Civic because of different spring rates and I will have to get lowering springs too. So its probably easier just to get lowering springs and put them on the standard shocks for now. Then when I have some £££ saved, I will consider getting a proper coilovers!!  ;)

I think that's for the best mate to be honest, I'm still not sure whether it's appropriate to use MB or MG springs on MG shocks.

MB springs have the right rates for the car's weight etc. but there is a possibility of them being overcompressed due to the shorter length of the MG shocks. Although I had MB eibachs on my MG shocks for almost 2 years without a problem.

• Like 1

I think that's for the best mate to be honest, I'm still not sure whether it's appropriate to use MB or MG springs on MG shocks.

MB springs have the right rates for the car's weight etc. but there is a possibility of them being overcompressed due to the shorter length of the MG shocks. Although I had MB eibachs on my MG shocks for almost 2 years without a problem.

I totally agree with you! I'm just going to go for springs to keep things simple and then go for coilovers when I can afford it. Plan...  ;)  

• Like 1

As for some of you already know, I got a couple things for the MB3 for Christmas! Photos will be uploaded later  :D

And I hope to become a Gold Member tonight or tomorrow!  

Yay & yay again. :D

I am now officially a VIP Gold Member! 

Also here's a purple Beaks bar and a neo chrome oil filler cap I got for Christmas!  :D

Problem is Beaks bar is made for a EK so it won't fit my car. It's only by 2cm away from the subframe lca bolts. I was going to exchange it for a EG but it's too much hassle and it will cost me money to send it back!

So, I will make it fit!  ;)

1526222_649633318434877_883571985_n.jpg