ere, i'm done. well happy, being able to do it at work made it a hell of easier, forget your little 2ton car jack, i'll borrow the 10ton hgv jack, yeah the one where it's easier to move with a forklift than by hand.. :-D

started about 12.30 but was on and off it due to helping a workmate with his car for an hr or so.

gutted that i didn't get any pic's as no phone or anything.

couldn't believe how easy the car came apart, not a single siezed split pin or nut, only struggled with the driveshaft nut, that was bloody tight....

so the rear pad's are in, the disk's are ok but will want replacing when the pad's require replacement, the front disk's well the pad's were only using a 1/3 of the disk on the inside blush.gif1, but same again even the disk retaining screw's came out with very little persuasion.

i didn't realize how poor the brake's were, but now even look at the pedal, and i've stopped already.

the gearbox and drive shaft was a good one, the oil was well past it and the box feel's a lot better for the change, but it was a twat to fill up, got the first liter and a half in and then it started to pour out of the level plug, oh bugger, that's because of the axle stands, and the rear of the car nearly on the floor.

so put all the plug's back in found a blot on the top that i could fill up with and poured the rest of the oil in.

engine oil and filter went to plan.

the bottom ball joint's were a "get them done now or it'll need them for the mot" the driver side one was squeaking, but what i didn't know id the passenger side one had a little bit of play in it as well, and both dust covers were also split.

also washed it as well.

i'm so glad it's all done now, and it's such a different vehicle to drive again, oh the brake's have bedded in well blush.gif1  :-P  WACK11111  

• Like 1

Wow good effort dude! Do enjoy the feeling when fresh TLC parts have gone on, makes it worth the hassle you go through to get here!

yeah well happy, i was also in the right place at the right time, as a work colleague who is on weekend call out got called to weatherby service's, so they asked me to cover call out's in immingham for the afternoon, this is what my colleague got called out to...

10406782_10204270024577556_2032607518853

no, we don't know where the wheel is.....thank god it's a N/S wheel so it most likely ended up in the ditch, not someone's car....

yeah he did, he picked it up near newcastle, and when he got to weatherby to fill up, he noticed it wasn't there....

this is why we tap wheel nut's with a hammer on service's.... and yes that's drum brakes fitted.

Oops!

Did you not notice I updated the hiw to on here for the gearbix oil, I found the nut on top too!

You were chasing me with dodgy brakes!! :-D

All good now mate?

the brake's worked, what's the matter with that, just been out around town, all is good, the gearbox is smooth, the little knocking noise has disappeared from the nsf, the osf squeak has gone as well, all the brake's are spot on. really happy again