Civic MB4 Progress Thread

vti_786

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two wicked mods to start with :D

thank you, I'm also going to sort out the suspension fully, haveing the CV Joints changed (clicking slightly)

Also have the Front D Bushes to Install, and will finish off with some new links

hmm, i might give it a go then, any issues with rusted nuts at all?

when you say 6 bolts, which ones are they, 2 at the top i know :)

Rear bottom bolts are the ones u need to be careful with. 2 at the top 2 holding break line one 1 on the fork and bottom bolt

Rear bottom bolts are the ones u need to be careful with. 2 at the top 2 holding break line one 1 on the fork and bottom bolt

X2 rear bottom bolts have a tendency to be very rusty and shear off, go in with plenty of wd40 the day before you do the job and have a couple of spare bolts standing by just in case. :)

X2 rear bottom bolts have a tendency to be very rusty and shear off, go in with plenty of wd40 the day before you do the job and have a couple of spare bolts standing by just in case. :)

ok thats fine, what size bolts would i need, also how would i take the bolts off if they sheer off in the hole :o

nice looking civic there buddy and some good first mods to.

the rear bolts are a pain, on both my previous civics they sheared off. if it does shear off, on the other side there is a welded nut. you need to cut that off. i use a grinder with a 1mm disc, cuts through it like butter and then once you've cut that off you pop the rest of the bolt out and job done. not to sure what size bolt and nut you need, i think its m8 or an m10.

hope that helps.

nice looking civic there buddy and some good first mods to.

the rear bolts are a pain, on both my previous civics they sheared off. if it does shear off, on the other side there is a welded nut. you need to cut that off. i use a grinder with a 1mm disc, cuts through it like butter and then once you've cut that off you pop the rest of the bolt out and job done. not to sure what size bolt and nut you need, i think its m8 or an m10.

hope that helps.

Thanks for you kind words and advice.

can i ask, once it's been cut off, what would i use to put the other bolt on?