Ruby's replacement revealed........

Dave

Ok, the time has come to reveal my MB6 (aka Ruby) replacement..............

Ladieeez and gents..........I give you.........Sexy Lexy!

DSC_0086_zpsf5b7c45e.jpg

DSC_0087_zps6feaad91.jpg

DSC_0088_zps7e526bf6.jpg

DSC_0089_zps3f381912.jpg

DSC_0090_zpsb9b698b9.jpg

She's a 2011 Honda Civic Type S GT 1.8 iVTEC. being the GT spec, she has climate control, full panoramic sunroof with electric blinds, 1.8 engine with 6 speed box (when I remember it actually has 6 cogs!) and has similar 0-60 times as ruby, though obv less top end (still enough to get a hefty ban mind! :o )

She also has the half suede sports seats, which are mega supportive and hella comfy :D , nice stereo with USB (and full iPod control) line in etc, ABS, Traction control (switchable), auto lights, auto wipers etc etc etc..

Being the GT spec she also has Cruise control and a few other bits n bobs.

As you know , I love oem stuff, and this car has an interesting history (even for one so young!) She has one owner from new, which was......HONDA UK, SWINDON! She was a demo, and was owned by Honda factory.

I was looking for a deck vti, but only found one with the condition/mileage I was looking for, and it was sold when I phoned! So, looking for other options (car had to have a lower boot opening similar to the deck, as Bailey, our black lab is getting old now and struggles to jump up and into the boot of Ruby now) I was a bit stumped! Thought about an S2000, but he'd have to sit on the seat. Not good for him in an emergency stop, even with a dog harness fitted, and not good for the seats, even with a cover on (hate any kind of seat covers!) . Plus the main downside is his breath! It honks! So didn't fancy being so close to him while driving lol :lol:

We then looked at maybe an EP2. Couldnt justify an EP3, for the high insurance/running costs for the very marginal gain over the MB6, so though EP2 might be a good option. Bugger all performance, but good mpg and insurance/tax etc. Went to see one tucked away at the honda dealership, but it was a dog! Had been boy racered to the limits, with limo tins back windows, big black vinyl stripe down the sides, and just looked plain rough! No price on it and didnt even ask!

The went looking round the forecourt, seeing as we were there. Loved the look of the FN Civics, as did Dawn, but only liked them in the red or white. Sooo, spotted this, with no real intention of driving it, had a test drive (which changed my mind about buying it!) and done the deal!

The boot load sill is nice and low, so Bailey will have no probs getting in, which was the main thing. And with it being in the red (I know, it will fade if not kept on top of, which means mine wont fade! lol ) I know Dawn would have loved it. It's been bough with some of the money Dawn left me, so her Christmas/birthday pressy to me (for the next 20 years or so!) 8-)

I know it's not everyones cup of tea, but looking at the specs, for me it made sense......

Engine: 1.8 iVtec (so same size as I Ruby)

Power: 140bhp (down from what Ruby has)

0-60mph: approx 8.9 seconds (similar to Ruby 8.3 seconds )

Top speed: 127mph (still get a big ban!!) (down slightly on Ruby 138mph)

MPG: worst= 32.1mpg (Ruby 25mpg) best= 51.4mpg (Ruby 38.2mpg, which I've never had yet!!!)

Road tax: £170 for year (Ruby £220 for year)

insurance: £330 for year (Ruby £389 for year)

Safety: NCAP 5 Star. (Ruby.....erm two airbags and side impact beams)

No rust to worry about for a long time, and no mot till next year.

For me, money wise, it was a no brainer. I still love Ruby though, so gonna be really hard to let her go. Been all over the UK in her to meets/events with Dawn, and had so much fun in her. Just hope the new owner takes good care of her once she sells.

Will be starting a new project thread soon, with better pics etc. Plans? Who knows. Got a few ideas in mind, but will be taking my time with it. That said, I did the first mod before she left the showroom! Had to have a boot spoiler, so got them to order one in special for her. My friendly parts guy did a good discount on it too! So she was modded ready for me picking her up lol 8-):lol:

Thanks mate. Yeah will be so sad to see her go, and know I'll miss her too, but like you say, I need a change. Loving driving this, as the interior is a nice place to be, and parked it up next to bladrider929's mums FN2 Type R (same colour as Lexy) and was hard to tell which was which! So got the looks to go with the comfort too 8-)8-)8-)

dave it louise do you know thats all rob was talking about all the way home last night :evil:

lmao.........you know what he'll be saying next eh! :lol:

Very nice, didn't know what you getting :lol::lol:;)

Once you get used to 6 gears, it's hard going back to a car with 5. I've been grinding gears this week as 6 wasn't there :lol::lol: