Dinochips Project mb6

dinochips

I wish I had an s2k instead of the mx5  [smitten.gif]

I wanted to get a mr2 turbo and was going to sell my mb at the end of the year. But after owning my vti for a year now i couldnt bear to see it go. I know i would regret it and miss the insanly raspy sound of my vtec so much. so decided to go the extra mile and get a s2k for my 25th bday and keep the mb6 aswell. so use the s2k in the summer and the mb6 in winter and rainy summer days. 2X vtec means 2X mad spaffing pants time!!! WACK11111

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

so after installing my rear upper strut brase I found that I lost so much boot space to my sub box which no longer sits nicely i have decided to make a custom sub box. so started with mocking a shape up with card board.

IMG_5373_zps336cf7d5.jpg

once this shape looked ok I got some mdf started construction.

IMG_5375_zps6da5db8e.jpg

Now the shape fits ok hopefully next weekend I can make the back side of the box and install the port to help with maximun bass.

Also bought a very handy parcel shelf tray which really helps to keep my shiit sorted.

IMG_5450_zps69ee2fa9.jpg

Do you have any reinforcemenst for the box inside? Material looks really thin for good bass box. BTW remove the trim behind the box, there is good space for box hiding. :P

Well it's just me, doing nuke-proof bass boxes but with box as big you have I'd use at least one inch thick hard plywood or closer one and half inces of MDF. 

What kind of port are you using? Seems that enclosure is not so big so port cannot be really big without tuning going to too high frequency.

I'm just curious as car audio hobbyist :D