Dinochips Project mb6

dinochips

• 2 weeks later...

So week off work to mess around with car and get some needed fresh devonshire air! so i will start with a photo from the top of my drive so you can understand why I hate london and love the country. :D

IMG_5110_zpse2596ad0.jpg

So my first job was to refurb my alloys which i thought wouldnt be so hard until i found out the paint consisted of 3 resprays and 1 powerder coated layer, this was a major bumper as i instantly new i would be spending more time on them than i wanted to.

Here is what one alloy looked like after the leaving the nitromorse on for 40 mins and then attempting to remove the paint.

IMG_5103_zps68d17edd.jpg

From here i then tried to use the sandblaster which helped remove the first flew layers of paint but hardley touched the powder coating layer. i had a help tho so it wasnt to bad :roll:

IMG_5107_zpsea9ac400.jpg

So after spending 4 days removing paint I had only managed to sptrip the front 2 wheels and decided that was all i could achieve without spending all my holiday playing with paint.

IMG_5112_zps9bcbd348.jpg
So bought the paint and primed the stripped ones. they looked funny on the car but not my style applause.gif1

IMG_5132_zps8f61f6ba.jpg

from here I then sprayed 3 layers of base coat and 3 layers of clear which the photo dosnt do it justice as dam they are glossy

IMG_5234_zpsb717b5dd.jpg

whislt i left them to dry i went on to changing my front pads to a new set of EBC green stuffs (AMAZINGS) white was a pig as all my bolts had siezed and ended up sheering off so had to take the whole pad carrier off and weld new heads on to remove the left over thread. took its time but worked in the endIMG_5127_zps3ae4bac7.jpg

WACK11111 mrgreen:   but caliper needs a little touch up pffttt quick fix!!
IMG_5128_zps19a32d76.jpg
And now for part that really made me smile. The hose kit i bought of ebay came with a nice little logo on it which i wasnt expecting drool.gif1
IMG_5012_zps16c1be62.jpg
didnt take long to fit and defo helped the look of the engine.

IMG_5111_zps71d0b78d.jpg
once the alloys had a few days to harden i put the fronts back on after rocking with some steelies .
IMG_5237_zpsa0a606fc.jpg
so the front look 10x better than they did but i do admit i could of done a better job. I just got so fed up of removing paint. So i think a long break before doing the rear is a good idea.

Still need to upload some videos of drag racing but until then I will leave you all with a photo of the car (low on back as boot is full) applause.gif1

IMG_5249_zps1dc6bbbb.jpg

Awesome mate! Wish I had the confidence to paint stuff like that. You done a good job by looks of it.

Sure I'd get excited and try put em back on the car ten mins after painting.

Were they bad before then mate? As they looked alright at Japfest! They look good now though :D

The paint job they where first givin when i bought the car wasnt great it had alot of runs and never had a clear coat. look loads better now tho hopfully will attempt the rears soon.