FN2 TypeR

Dave

In at honda just now getting lexys air con sorted, and got speaking to neal in service and steve who sold me the typeS. Managed to bag a test drive in one of their typeR fn2s! Wanted to see the diff between mine and that. Wholly fook! What a bit of kit! Gave it beans on the motorway, and also on the twisty stuff, and the power is awsome! Handling wise, id say the same as my TypeS, although mine is a bit better over rough roads. Now i have a dilema! Do i go for one or not! Lol Prob not, as it would be the daily runner, but nice to finally get to drive one. Big thanks to the guys at western honda for letting me drive it!

• Like 1

Real dilemma a real case of heart says yes, head says no. :???:

You need to have a real think about how much more than Lexy it will cost to run bearing in mind how addictive vtec is. :twisted:

• Like 1

Real dilemma a real case of heart says yes, head says no. :???:

You need to have a real think about how much more than Lexy it will cost to run bearing in mind how addictive vtec is. :twisted:

lol that man he speaks the truth! Been thinking about it, and yeah, you're right! Vtec is indeed addictive, so would end up vtecing it all the time. Which would have the knock on effect of zero fuel consumption and a possible driving ban!!  Was fecking awsome though, the way it delivered the power was really smooth, but totally rapid!

Downsides:

Clutch was like pushing against a wall! And it was either on or off, so in traffic it was a bit of a paint and jerky. Apparently, most are like that.

The ride. The ride tbh is just too bloody stiff, about the only thing I would agree with Mr Clarkson about. I thought Lexy was too stiff, but this, bloody hell, it would be unbearable on a daily basis with the roads I have to go on. And even though it was stiffer than lexy, it didnt handle any better than her. I've kinda been up against one with Lexy, and cornering wise Lexy was there all the way. Obviously up the straights, it's offsky! But Lexy, although stiff, is comfy enough even on the bumpiest of roads. The other downside of the TypeR being so stiff, is that every panel seems to have loosened off with it! Meaning tons of rattles and squeaks!

The dash. Although almost the same as Lexy, it's all in red. It isn't anywhere near as clear and easy to read as Lexy's whose are in oel white/blue. And there has been issues with the red instrument dash packing in.

Fuel economy for what would be my daily runner. TypeR at most on a motorway run 32mpg. About town (and this was indicated on the info dial during test drive) 20mpg! :shock:   Lexy around town: 40mpg. On a motorway run......around 50mpg!   Road tax is also cheap for Lexy, TypeR is like mega expensive.

Price! Trading Lexy in for it works out like this......

Miles on lexy :19.000    TypeR: 37.000

Lexy year of man: late 2011.  TypeR late 2009

Lexy cost me: £11.800 + £300 for boot spoiler

TypeR cost :£11.999

Trade in for me....... £9.500 -  £10.000.   Meaning it'll cost me 3 grand to go for an older model with a lot more miles than mine :roll:  And means i've lost aorund 3 grand on Lexy in roughly 4 months????? WTF???? :eek:

So  thought about it and thought............................................ta feck wi that!!! lol On driving Lexy home, found it so much nicer to be in than that one. Oh, and I found out a while ago I can easily loose my licence with Lexy too............at the "track" had her up at 129mph so far!!  And got there relatively quickly too.

So guess I'll hang on to her for now.  She's got the TypeR looks already, just not the power.  TypeR alloys or Volk TE alloys for her next me thinks. 8-)

• Like 1

You was just toying with the c5 members pretending that you thinking about getting one LOL...

Your a bad man.....But i bet you will always remember driving one though :smile:  :smile:

Too right mate. One hella big smile on my face each time i gave it beans! The sales guys pretty good, just lets me boot the crap out of it so i get a true impression of what its like. He just sits there laughing! lol