Feck's 1999 Civic

feck_on_a_stick

Headlights, go to a very dark place and park about 5 meters away from a wall and just use the headlight adjusters to turn them up. It's really simple. I think you can use a screw driver or a socket to adjust. Have them set at 0 and adjust them as high as you want but not too high that you dazzle the other drivers. Think you turn them anti clock wise, so left to raise them. Hope that helps.

Headlights, go to a very dark place and park about 5 meters away from a wall and just use the headlight adjusters to turn them up. It's really simple. I think you can use a screw driver or a socket to adjust. Have them set at 0 and adjust them as high as you want but not too high that you dazzle the other drivers. Think you turn them anti clock wise, so left to raise them. Hope that helps.

Thanks Matty :)

I downloaded the service book off the site and found the adjusting screws.  They needed 10 full rotations and still not fully at height.  I'll keep slowly increasing them over the next few days until someone starts flashing at me lol

• 2 weeks later...

Frickin leaks!

A few weeks ago I washed the car and hoovered my carpets and discovered the hoover was just lifting water from the passenger side. It was soaking. I unscrewed some of the trim and peeled the roof lining just enough to see lots of condensation under the metal roof :( I've checked the channel from the sunroof and it looks ok. I've always suspected the windscreen had been replaced and so I'm going to try and reseal the top of the windscreen and see if that fixes it.

Whilst I was checking for leaks I also found a small puddle in the boot but can't figure out where it's coming from.

Can anyone tell me what use this vent is in the left side of the boot and if it could possibly let in water?

6BD8FF44-CF78-4C50-AD5A-78C0D3A348A2_zps

I'd also ordered a new pollen filter. As it's a bit of a pain to replace I wasn't sure when it was last done so for the sake of a few quid I figured I'd just replace it. The nice delivery man chucked the box over my back fence on a rainy day so I came home to find a nice soaked box and contents

6ECF789F-8DDD-4D95-B2F5-87AEE17704BC_zps

The filter itself was dry thankfully and fitted using the dummies guide on here. Easy :)

944D86B7-D75F-4969-91E3-5465FE311B0B_zps

Finally, and most importantly I got sorted with a DC2 air box thanks to 10000rpm on here, for a far better price than eBay :)

I ordered a replacement OEM filter, washed and cleaned the air box and dressed it with Meguias engine dressing. Can't wait to get it on now. It was too wet and windy last night :(

EB40FEC6-D5AF-40F4-9940-4F0CC0B0ACE0_zps

• Like 1

I'm contemplating resealing the tail lights when sealing the windscreen, but you are probably right about the boot seal :(

It can't hurt dude! I'll be ordering a brand new set of weather strips for all four doors and the tailgate this week! I can hear the wind whistling at speed and I reckon the drivers door and passenger side rear are those culprits but while in Rome! 

Plus I know my replacement (free but second hand) tailgate weather strip is still seeping, it's enough to annoy me anyway! :lol:

It can't hurt dude! I'll be ordering a brand new set of weather strips for all four doors and the tailgate this week! I can hear the wind whistling at speed and I reckon the drivers door and passenger side rear are those culprits but while in Rome! 

Plus I know my replacement (free but second hand) tailgate weather strip is still seeping, it's enough to annoy me anyway! :lol:

:o Months wages gone then?