Feck's 1999 Civic

feck_on_a_stick

Hmmm... I wonder what it would sound like with just a straight through pipe.  1.5" flow is just gay!

That AWD Golf is just insane! Must be a proper handful

Cheap way to find out, gut the current one! 

• Like 1

Am I lost? thought this was a honda forum?

:wink:

That exahust looked fucked!

I have not said anything because i have been waiting for you to appear here with your opinion LOL

• Like 1

I brought the car home last night and it's quiet! 

Well there's a nice burble at idle, and when my friend was bringing it out of his garage it was noticably throaty.  Inside the car it's pretty much silent at normal speeds.  I honestly don't hear the exhaust at all, which I'm not used to with this car.  I now hear lovely induction noise instead.  All great :)

But.....

There's a far less pronounced changeover sound now from inside the car.  Above 4,500rpm it's still pretty quiet! :(  I know though its purely in comparison with the 5Zigen which was such an animal and gorgeous sounding in vtec.

Overall though I'm very happy with it.  It does exactly what I want it to, and if anything, it feels a tad torquier, especially in fourth and fifth gear.

When my friend discovered that the resonated centre was collapsing in on itself I started wondering what to replace it with.  With the Jetex back box being so quiet I think I'm just going to remove the centre section and replace it with a 2.5" pipe to see what it sounds like.  If anything it'll improve flow and hopefully also make it a little bit more throatier.

As mentioned, the tip is just a bit of 2.5" stainless steel piping, but I think it give it a more subtle OEM look.  I gave it a very quick polish when I got home but need to give it a proper clean over the weekend.

C8DED9CB-A27A-47F2-87AA-844C3D4ACE0B_zps

I've also uploaded a video of it idling and giving it a few blips.  It def sounds better on the PC than it did on my phone :)

I need to get sorted with a drive-by video soon just so I can hear myself what it goes like.

Thanks lads.

I'm really liking the sound of it on idle.  A real meaty rumble off it now.

I replaced the horn this afternoon.  So glad to have removed the camp Honda horn.  Whilst I was in the mood for making videos, I thought I'd make a quick one of the differences between the old horn and the new horn :oops:

I also gave the 5Zigen a bit of a polish and took a few pics before I get it advertised for sale in the next couple of days.

FA27CA23-41F0-452F-A658-32BED9DC83B1_zps

• Like 1