Feck's 1999 Civic

feck_on_a_stick

New tank arrived. It's a twist lock as you expected @DAVEMB2 so I'll have to order a different sender.

I'm pretty pleased with delivery though. Ordered on Tuesday from the company in Germany, shipped on Wednesday and arrived this morning.

Can't wait to get it fitted now.

62FE0E01-B71D-438C-B7FF-39DCFF8F4604_zps

67E21D6C-E94A-48FE-BA18-7DAA035CE30E_zps

Nice same as mine ,yep a twist sender type will be needed lol now one thing you may find it hard to twist it in with the new rubber and I mean hard it had two of us one to press it down while one tapped it around with a screw driver and hammer . One thing to do is drop the rubber in a cup of very hot water to make it soft may help did for me :) . O and just test the sender before you do put it in coz if its a hard fit god help you getting back out lol

• Like 2

Nice same as mine ,yep a twist sender type will be needed lol now one thing you may find it hard to twist it in with the new rubber and I mean hard it had two of us one to press it down while one tapped it around with a screw driver and hammer . One thing to do is drop the rubber in a cup of very hot water to make it soft may help did for me :) . O and just test the sender before you do put it in coz if its a hard fit god help you getting back out lol

Thanks again Dave.  I'm offloading the manual labour on to my mechanic though so he can worry about fitting it lol

I've ordered that replacement sender.  Fuel tank from Germany.  Fuel sender from Lithuania.  This is becoming very European!

Did you have to replace the rubber seal on your fuel sender, or had the original just hardened with age?

I replaced it did it not come with new rubber ones mine did ? . The old one maybe ok but if you have new then fit new may as well all new then :) . It's not hard job really to put new tank on :) yer like Simon says paint the tank before you get it on

• Like 1

@DAVEMB2, did you get the rubber seal for your fuel sender from Honda?

I rang my local dealership to try and order a seal, but they won't search for parts without the chassis number.  As the new tank I've bought is different to the one on my MB6 my chassis number would be pretty useless anyways.  I offered to give them the reg of an Aerodeck, but they wouldn't use it to search :(  Would any nice MC2 owner like to PM their MC2 chassis number? lol

I also can't figure out if it's item 23 or 24 on the diagram (they suggested 25, but I didn't think that was it). They won't give me a refund if I order something and its not right as they say Honda won't take it back.  WTF lol!

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17S1E01&block_02=B__0300&block_03=7746

Any thoughts dude?  I wouldn't blame you if you don't remember going by the number of parts you must have bought haha

post-5747-0-57156900-1410178125_thumb.jp

Right ok I take it there is not one in a bag in the tank ? When I got my tank it came with a new rubber taped in a bag on the tank . Right the one that fits the bolt in sender is a diff size than the twist fit coz the hole are dif sizes ,so if the uk mc,MB was all fitted with bolt in senders then the rubber will not fit ( I still never found out if honda used diff tanks in the uk .when I was looking for a sender they said there was loads of different ones and could not help arrrrrrrr dam honda just put on the car what ever they pull out the parts bin ) .

Have you got the twist fit sender ? If not the may be one on that if so it should prob do the job . Or you could get in touch where you got the tank and ask if they can send you one .

• Like 1

I didn't notice a bag with the tank :(

I'll have to check the new tank later when I get home from work, but I figure I'd have seen it if it had been there. 

Fingers crossed this used sender turns up with a decent rubber on it.  It'd be nice if these things were nice and simple. God only knows why they'd use two different tanks lol