Windows very slow?

snakey135

Strange that it's slow going down the way, but ok when closing. Usually the other way round. Best bet is to take off the door card mate and then work the window, see if there's anything obstructing the window channel etc. Might just be needing the channels adjusted slightly, but more than likely the motor on it's way out.

I had door cards off when doing mirror wiring and they seem to just be lacking power?? I put a bit of spray grease on the mechanical hinges but it helped nada!!!.... It's worse when its cold, like they struggle alot more, on a warm day they aint tooo bad but they still go slow.

Yeah, sounding more and more like the motor mate. Are all the connections on the motor good?  Also, thinking about it, if you have any members near you, might be worth asking them nicely if you could borrow their window switch to see if it makes any difference. Or try swapping for one of your other window switches, just to check its not the switch itself.

• Like 1

Motors don't slow down on these,99% of the time it's just the window run channels. U can either go out and buy proper rubber spray and lube the window rubbers or u can put a blob of fairy liguid in the run channel and operate the windows.

Don't leave it though cuz normaly you'll end up either burning the motor out or bending the motor frame and the window will come out of the runners.

All 5 of my civic 5 doors have had this issue :) I'm alittle OCD about these things so I removed door card,pulled the run channels out,cleaned them fully with brake cleaner and then greased the run channel where the window runs up and down.

Good luck ;)

• Like 4

Cheers for all the help lads! Much appreciated! :)

Thats good news Paul thanks!!

How easy is it to remove the window channels out of interest? Could it be done in an hour lunch break? one window that is lol... Dont expect to do all four in an hour lol!!!

Dave, not sure its a switch problem as a switch just gives you either on or off power... So usually they either work or don't work but i don't think it would cause like 'slow' operation?

Theres probs a how to on here about channels, i'll have a butchers now!

Once again cheers for all the input guys! Haven't seen a forum this friendly and helpful before!!

LOVE THIS PLACE!

CIVIC5 FTW!! :D :D