Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

I shouldn't admit this but I'd have reservations buying a car from there too and it put me off buying a nice looking Lupo GTI a few months ago.

Keep the chin up.  As someone with recent experience, now is the best time to get a good look over the car and spend a few quid on getting it the way you want it, then you'll know you'll have a good one.

Take it back. Get the guy to sort it ot get your money back.

x2, did it come with any sort of warranty, a lot of the small traders offer a 3 month one.

I shouldn't admit this but I'd have reservations buying a car from there too and it put me off buying a nice looking Lupo GTI a few months ago.

Keep the chin up.  As someone with recent experience, now is the best time to get a good look over the car and spend a few quid on getting it the way you want it, then you'll know you'll have a good one.

Yeah funny you should say that! :lol:

x2, did it come with any sort of warranty, a lot of the small traders offer a 3 month one.

Take it back. Get the guy to sort it ot get your money back.

No warranty, but even if it did, getting the car up there would probably cost more in time and effort than just dealing with it, 80 miles each way once all is said and done!  

Will just deal with it, get the rest checked over and any other issues dealt with. I'm sure there's a half decent car in there somewhere!

A motor factors local to me do the thermostat for about £12 so going to drop by on my way home, another one for the credit card! Be glad when a few pay days come round!

My brother has just called, he nipped to the house on his lunch and has managed to fish out the pulley, says the bolt is missing and so is the belt, it's for the aircon as I thought but at least it's okay to drive!

Going to take it to his gaff tomorrow after work, get her on a ramp and just have a good once over and see what needs doing, he's going to get a new belt and thermostat as well.

Not too awful then, still shouldn't have happened though. Hopefully your bro won't find too much wrong, worth giving a complete service for peace of mind.

Not too awful then, still shouldn't have happened though. Hopefully your bro won't find too much wrong, worth giving a complete service for peace of mind.

Yeah I'm going to ask for a major service as the minimum, will also give a chance to check out the rear end, think I'll take the MG ARB with me :lol: 

• Like 1

Sure it's a few lbs lighter now.  That's bound to be worth a few tenths at the traffic lights ;)

:lol: 

Any weight reduction is immediately ruined when I get my fat a55 into the car!

• Like 1

Plus I suppose it save you the arsehole of a job that is new water in these!

Yeah! Bleeding done right just takes time rather than being a pig of a job! Stat is 3 bolts, swap the unit then reverse :lol: