Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

Did some more today, replaced the clock bulb, tested the new headunit and routed the DAB cable and the hands free microphone cable to where I wanted them.

The radio all works but will take me some time to learn how to use it properly, my current one I can set it up from scratch in two minutes from powering it up :lol:

All that's left is to remove some material from the back of the aperture so that there's enough space for the cabling when the headunit sits properly in place!

20131227_144107_zpspdeker8s.jpg

20131227_144045_zpsnegwscue.jpg

This is the DAB aerial, just need to peel off the sticky back to fix it in place on the windscreen.

20131227_163654_zpsxbbg2nlq.jpg

The mic in it's new place next to the rear view mirror.

20131227_163708_zps597hzxsz.jpg

This is how I left the car tonight, too cold and dark now to get much more done!

20131227_163729_zpscgrqqj39.jpg

that is a lot of hard work just to change a clock bulb doesn't it :/ atleast it all works now though :)

It is unless you have small enough hands to get in through the gap where the headunit goes, I couldn't twist it, plus I had to use some force getting the LED bulb into place so it was easier to remove it completely from the center console, which by the way is held in with a screw each side! Think the screws took a fair chunk of time on their own :lol:

Cheers, it boasts a feature of changing colours according to the music and with the USB ports being in the back I've ran the supplied cable to the glovebox, there's also an SD card slot behind the face panel!