Burbleboys 'Grid V' Project *NOW GOT PICS*

burbleboy

I know mate but i find it hard to picture my own car with bronze wheels! I have searched for the last two hours (on works time :) ) and came up with no other deep dish wheel that i like.

I'm in contact with Driftworks at the moment and i think they only have bronze in 16". Driftworks said that its Rota that stopped the sale not them so i may get the bronze ones and powdercoat them black, IF they don't grow on me! I know it seems daft for new wheels but for £160 and a cracking job, i can get a colour change if need be.

Always hurdles i have to overcome *sighs loudly**

I reckon once you see bronze ones on your motor you will be convinced, im not too sure about black wheels on a Vti-s.

I know what you mean. I'm trying to go for an aggressive look with mine and black wheels, with some sort of coloured nuts, would look smart. As there are no sets of black being made in 16" then IF and i mean IF Driftworks can offer me some discount on bronze ones then that saving could go towards powder coating them black.

I've asked a fellow member to maybe do a cheeky wee photoshop of black ones on vti-s for me :)

p.s I have black wheels on my car the now and want to stick to what i like!

Like you say, it's not the end of the world but it's not something you want to be paying extra for if you don't like the colour after a couple of weeks say!

But at least you can change the colour anyway!

Personally I'm not the biggest fan of black wheels in general! Maybe matte black as they look a bit closer to charcoal/gunmetal grey. It's purely because gloss black make the tyres stand out when they've not got a tyre shine on! God I'm picky! :lol::roll:

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been busy ordering a lot of parts for my mb today!

Most, if not all will arrive tomorrow! My mate will be fitting coilovers/skunk 2 front adj arms/d2 rear lca's and d2 rear camber arms this weekend! whoop whoop!

Wheels also arrive tomorrow....... :)