Grant

Looking good man. Have you checked your ignition timing dude?? If retarded to far car will struggle to start.

I haven't checked it mate no. Need to take it over to a friends to have it done. I was waiting for the new dizzy before I did it. Now I know it's not that, I'll have it done.

It doesn't struggle to start though mate. Just has a weird rattle on start up for a minute or two. But not like a tap. I'll try get a vid.

I haven't checked it mate no. Need to take it over to a friends to have it done. I was waiting for the new dizzy before I did it. Now I know it's not that, I'll have it done.

It doesn't struggle to start though mate. Just has a weird rattle on start up for a minute or two. But not like a tap. I'll try get a vid.

Well if it's struggling to start sometimes just advance the timing.. move dizzy towards windscreen see if it helps then get set up properly.

It'd probably make you feel better if you heard my engine mate. All sorts of ticks taps and rattles. Yet it's been like that forever and I've set everything up spot on. And it runs really well!

Lifters? Has it had valve clearance done?

Next on my to do list.

Well if it's struggling to start sometimes just advance the timing.. move dizzy towards windscreen see if it helps then get set up properly.

It'd probably make you feel better if you heard my engine mate. All sorts of ticks taps and rattles. Yet it's been like that forever and I've set everything up spot on. And it runs really well!

Just messages my bloke so will get to him this week to check and adjust if necessary.

It's not got anything to do with that though, it sounds like it's coming from that end, dizzy/cam side. Like I said will get a vid I reckon.

• Like 1

Hopefully it's a simple one dude! 

Well its been doing it the last 4 months and nothing serious has happened so im thinking it'll be something silly !

Well its been doing it the last 4 months and nothing serious has happened so im thinking it'll be something silly !

Or the motor is just being hardcore :lol:

Or the motor is just being hardcore :lol:

Ha there is that yeah!

If it was doing it any other time except for when warming up, i'd worry and probably have been taking bits off at a faster rate..

But as its not, theres a little thing a friend and i came up with, LID, let it develop, so if it gets worse or starts affecting driving, then i'll investigate it further.

Unless of course i put a vid up and someone on here can give me a clue!