Grant

I've found a lot of 'renewals' are actually an increase or such a slight decrease it's not worth it! Shopping around is definitely the best port of call. I've changed every year for the last 3 years now.

• Like 1

And the eagle has landed!!!

Really really impressed with it. If I'm honest, I wasn't expecting it to be quite so good. We'll start with the most important things.

It drives fantastic. Really does. I'd go as far to say it drives better than my lancer, and that has 25k less!! Pulls like a train, drives perfectly. Brakes are lovely and precise, although look a little worn.

Folder full of receipts, history and MOTs .. Original hand book and owners pack. Cosmetically, yeah it's good. Difficult to tell when it was semi dark. But stopped on a petrol forecourt and had a better look. Certainly nothing that's surprising for the age. Couple of odd dings and scratches. But overall, good condition but in need of a damn good polish.

Interior seems to be almost mint... Almost Everything works, the bulb has gone in the clock, the fans oy work on settings 4 & 5 .. Besides that it's lovely. Oh and the original red key will be in the post tomorrow :-D

Only niggles are .....

Interior, ash tray n cigarette lighter are missing. Heater & clock bulb as above.

Exterior, couple of dings that I'll have a song master work their manic on.

Engine/drivetrain, all perfect ATM.

Remote central locking is intermittent. Could be batteries though.

Handling, kinda does represent a boat :-o or maybe not a boat, but some form of barge. Definitely need lowering and stiffening. Which will be done in due course.

And that's it !!!

So overall I am REALLY impressed and very very happy :-D

Very quick pic in the dark with her sat on the drive, not sure if it'll work.

image.jpg