*blows dust of the thread*

The MOT passed without any issues. The replacement boot was just the ticket.

I cleared out the underneath of the scuttle panel with a friend. The amount of decaying material was gross. A thick goop blocking the drain. Managed to nip my nimble fingers in and clear it out.

Removed the front mud flaps to clear the leaves behind those too. No issues with draining now. I used concentrate screen wash to see if there were any leaks and where exactly water was going. Much easier to track bright blue liquid.

Winter's round the corner so I have my trusty bag of silica gel in the centre console to soak up moisture. No steaming up just yet!

I have one issue though. I've noticed my brake lights are staying on sometimes when I release the pedal. It seems very sensitive. The slightlest pedal movement will turn the lights on. Is the switch adjustable on these cars?

And I'm about to get two more front tyres. I bought Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 at the beginning of the year and they're almost at the legal limit in just 10,000 miles....

Forgot to add, my insurance renewal is due in two weeks. GoCompare quotes were £1000-1500 which were not financially sane.

My Brentacre renewal came in at £800.

I gave Greenlight a call and they quoted me just £499.

Worth hitting them up if anyone is due a renewal

Edited by skymera

*blows dust of the thread*

The MOT passed without any issues. The replacement boot was just the ticket.

I cleared out the underneath of the scuttle panel with a friend. The amount of decaying material was gross. A thick goop blocking the drain. Managed to nip my nimble fingers in and clear it out.

Removed the front mud flaps to clear the leaves behind those too. No issues with draining now. I used concentrate screen wash to see if there were any leaks and where exactly water was going. Much easier to track bright blue liquid.

Winter's round the corner so I have my trusty bag of silica gel in the centre console to soak up moisture. No steaming up just yet!

I have one issue though. I've noticed my brake lights are staying on sometimes when I release the pedal. It seems very sensitive. The slightlest pedal movement will turn the lights on. Is the switch adjustable on these cars?

And I'm about to get two more front tyres. I bought Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 at the beginning of the year and they're almost at the legal limit in just 10,000 miles....

Forgot to add, my insurance renewal is due in two weeks. GoCompare quotes were £1000-1500 which were not financially sane.

My Brentacre renewal came in at £800.

I gave Greenlight a call and they quoted me just £499.

Worth hitting them up if anyone is due a renewal

Nice to hear the mot pass, silica gel? Thats a new one on me, I take it, it works well?, as for insurance, did you give sky or Adrian flux a ring, as they do give a discount for civic5 members.

Nice to hear the mot pass, silica gel? Thats a new one on me, I take it, it works well?, as for insurance, did you give sky or Adrian flux a ring, as they do give a discount for civic5 members.

Surprised silica gel isn't a standard item on the M's! :lol:

Wow that's expensive insurance, is your address usually on fire? My EP3 only cost £400 for the year!

Nice work on the drains though! 

It's really absorbent which is why it's always shipped with electrical equipment. I got a big bag from a Dell box couple weeks back :)

Just let it dry out during the day in a warm place.

Another trick is to fill a sock with cat litter, knot it and store it in the boot. This never worked for me and just made a mess.

Surprised silica gel isn't a standard item on the M's! :lol:

Wow that's expensive insurance, is your address usually on fire? My EP3 only cost £400 for the year!

Nice work on the drains though! 

I live down south, not far outside of London where everything is daylight robbery. I'm happy with £499, it's my cheapest ever on any car. 

It's really absorbent which is why it's always shipped with electrical equipment. I got a big bag from a Dell box couple weeks back :)

Just let it dry out during the day in a warm place.

Another trick is to fill a sock with cat litter, knot it and store it in the boot. This never worked for me and just made a mess.

I live down south, not far outside of London where everything is daylight robbery. I'm happy with £499, it's my cheapest ever on any car. 

Usually on fire then where you are :lol:

£499 is still much better than the other two quotes though! :)

There is a wee switch at the top of the brake light pedal mate (bugger to get to though!) where you can undo a nut and then screw the switch in further so the pedal travels further before the brake lights come on. Fiddly to do but easy enough and will sort out your problem. Think the nut is 10mm iirc ;-)

There is a wee switch at the top of the brake light pedal mate (b****r to get to though!) where you can undo a nut and then screw the switch in further so the pedal travels further before the brake lights come on. Fiddly to do but easy enough and will sort out your problem. Think the nut is 10mm iirc :wink:

Thanks for this!

I have some days off from work next week where I can take a look  8-)

Thanks all, I had my head under the pedal today and I can see the switch. Can't for the life of me figure which way to move the switch.

I see the pedal rests on the switch and the more you depress the pedal, the further out the switch "button" comes out.

Do  I need to move this towards or away from the pedal if it's too sensitive?

$_35.JPG

Also my ABS light has now come on. Mysteriously broke overnight :)

I found this good guide by Dave! http://civic5.com/forum/topic/21-diagnosing-abs-probs-and-other-fault-codes/

And I have error code 15. RR sensor open / short to power. Any usual suspects for this?

Thanks all, I had my head under the pedal today and I can see the switch. Can't for the life of me figure which way to move the switch.

I see the pedal rests on the switch and the more you depress the pedal, the further out the switch "button" comes out.

Do  I need to move this towards or away from the pedal if it's too sensitive?

$_35.JPG

Also my ABS light has now come on. Mysteriously broke overnight :)

I found this good guide by Dave! http://civic5.com/forum/topic/21-diagnosing-abs-probs-and-other-fault-codes/

And I have error code 15. RR sensor open / short to power. Any usual suspects for this?

Think that's a dead sensor mate.

@Dave, do you know the answer to the other question?

• Like 1