Steve's MB2 - MG ZS Trim installed at last (Pics page 3)

casasteve

Oh, I forgot (conveniently).  I had problems trying to re-connect my cold air wire up after the trim change out.  Are there any guides as to how to do this?  Seems to not want to go back together properly :/

The reason you have the problem with the ash tray bit is because you need the bit it sits in out the mg.

Yeah, I realised this too late. I've just ordered the whole assembly from a rover 45. It means I have to pull the centre console again, but what the hell, why not :)

Intersting to see how this goes. Love the work so far!

Thanks Tom. Looking for a decent VTI leather wheel and gear knob next.

Might also treat her to a wash and wax this weekend :)

Nice work mate, Interior is much better! I had the same problem with the ashtray so I modified the MGZS ashtray trim and made it fit the original ashtray (If that makes sense lol) 

Now I got a problem with the cigarette plug-in surround which I still haven't sorted yet  <_<

ah man its a shame I weren't on here before , cause ive done this but you don't have to pay out for a new ashtray etc for the centre consoles as the trim comes off both the lighter trim and the ashtray and the mg zs trim will connect on the civic ashtray as that's what ive done and works the same as the mg zs look. if you go on my build I think theres a picture of it on there and it looks the same if you cant find the picture let me know and i'll post one and show you it looks the same without having to pay for extra bits