MB1 Project (updated 18/11/14) - DC2 Steering wheel

sparco

Here it's hard to get down the car :S The annual inspection is too hard with the tunning and they force you homologate every f*****g mod, what means pay a lot. :mad:

The only solution is to replace everything before the inspection and after this put it again in the car, but in this case I can't do it :(

That really sucks. I thought the laws over here in Finland sucked but that's really bad. Maybe you can put on coils right after an inspection, and then right before the next one raise it up to normal level or as close as you can. Then with all dirt there they won't notice you've installed an aftermarket set... this is how i got my non-TÃœV approved front camber kit passed 8-).

But anyway very clean looking mb, like the engine bay especially! Few bother to work on a d16 bay but that looks very nice. Mugen 8-)

That really sucks. I thought the laws over here in Finland sucked but that's really bad. Maybe you can put on coils right after an inspection, and then right before the next one raise it up to normal level or as close as you can. Then with all dirt there they won't notice you've installed an aftermarket set... this is how i got my non-TÃœV approved front camber kit passed 8-).

But anyway very clean looking mb, like the engine bay especially! Few bother to work on a d16 bay but that looks very nice. Mugen 8-)

I hope i could do this, but I don't know how to change the coils :S, but I'm gong to learn how to DIY with my new toys :)

P1030114_zps08c8c6b4.jpg

Finally today arrived, the front & rear mud flaps :wub:  Now I have many things to do with the car and no time :( 

P1030127_zpsda65fbb3.jpg

Written in the task list the vti front lip. Ready to paint it in matt black.

Also I want to repair the front "tow anchor" (I don't know the english word for this thing, see the picture). The last owner managed to damange this part with every kerbstone (yeah I recognize once I touch it too). So I'm thinking in remove the rust, polish and pain it with duplicolor "bed armor". It seems a radical solution but sure it doesn't tear and oxidize again :!:

https://www.duplicolor.com/products/bedArmorAerosol/

1939646_10152118883319471_165345426_o_zp

P1030099_zpscbb769d6.jpg

Finally two hot pics of this weekend. Nothing special, only the skunk2 tank covers fitted and sunny picture of the tow hook :)

P1030117_zps5cd7f347.jpg

P1030119_zpse4cadea9.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi again, I've been busy the last days, but I did some DIY with my civic.

First of all I replaced and restored the pollen filter. As you can see in the pics the filter hasn't been changed in the 18 years of the car.

P1030173_zpscb44527f.jpg

The hole was full of dirt and needed a clean up. Some of the dirt was from the insulation foam of the filter frame because it was rotten.

P1030178_zpsa4eec080.jpg

P1030176_zps62cb30bc.jpg

The outside dust oversteped the insulation foam and went to the ventilation system, so I decided to replace the foam for something better.

The solution was a windows insulator. So first of all I replaced all the foam, cleaned the frame with alcohol until it was as clean as can be, and then placed the new insulator.

P1030181_zps240f031e.jpg

P1030184_zps10a3237a.jpg

But then I had a problem! The new insulator was made of rubber, and it doesn't slide inside the hole. The solution was grease (vaselin)

P1030188_zps826c6692.jpg

And now I have new filter for at least 1 year :D

Then was time to change the fuel filter. I have to say that the Haynes doesn't give a correct instructions to change it, I couldn't find the fuel pump fuse, so I didn't empty the old filter and had to be careful removing it.

In order to work easily, I removed the battery, the air filter kit and the strut bar, so I get some space to put the spanners.

The instalation of the new one was easier than the removal step.

Not a hard work, but takes a long time if you have to clean the fuel.

I didn't took any pics of the proces because it was my first time and I didn't know what would be the result :P

Finally I'm going to show my last reward :P Brand new vti-s gear knob. Unused, undamanged and in his original box. With instructions for those ones who doesn't know how to unscrew a bolt XD

Hope you enjoy it ;)

P1030208_zps7a5b8637.jpg

P1030210_zps594f61e9.jpg