Clutch Issue

skymera

Yeah they (EK4/EM1) just don't have the LSD which isn't the end of the world! 

I wonder if it's possible to fit the lsd or maybe swap the ratios/final drive from the s4c into the s9b.

I wonder if it's possible to fit the lsd or maybe swap the ratios/final drive from the s4c into the s9b.

Should be, I believe all the gearboxes on the B series are essentially the same so parts should be interchangeable to a point?

It's All about s4c/y21 for me. Dirt cheap and better acceleration but can still hit 150mph at just over 8k.

dam thats good i did a top speed run the other week n topped out at 132 how come the s4c has a longer final drive

Holy crap, that's more than twice what i paid!

Although, mine was an auction that i stumbled across an hour or so before it finished with no other bidders.

They are always the best ones ! ;-)

Should be, I believe all the gearboxes on the B series are essentially the same so parts should be interchangeable to a point?

Now thats a good idea .....

dam thats good i did a top speed run the other week n topped out at 132 how come the s4c has a longer final drive

It hasn't. It's 4.4fd but has a relatively long 5th.

Top speed is higher on the s9b. Probably 155mph on the right size wheels.

I used to find my M struggling at high speed although it would top out 5th with enough road. The eg with a bit more power no problem getting up there at all.

Also I don't miss the lsd at all either. I rarely launch the car and cornering is unaffected imo.

• Like 3