My aerodeck - now gone :(

marv

Hell, you are really not hanging about with this. It almost makes me look slack with my Deck! :lol:

Excellent news on sorting out the o2 sensor :)

I'm kinda cheating tho by having the bits already lol yeah thanks for that pic!

I haven't done anything about the abs light, it just went off lol must have been a dirty sensor or something.

Just need to get this exhaust sorted and get the hubs removed and prepped for this.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not updated this in a while so thought id make a start...

Quick list of what iv done:

De-badged and de-wipered the rear

Removed tow bar

Fitted vti front lip

Had back box extended at CAS in shotts

Completed full hub swap

MB6 master cylinder installed

All discs were skimmed

All calipers thoroughly cleaned and painted

New front lower ball joints installed

New oem honda rear trailing arm bushes installed

New SPC rear camber arms installed

My mot is this month so just been beasting into the jobs trying to get it ready. Still on the lookout for a replacement door and handle to replace the rusted one. We are expecting another child in the next couple of weeks so its all go lol

Had been putting off the hub swap for a while as i was anticipating problems with seized bolts etc and i wasn't wrong lol I dont think anything else could have went wrong with the rear hubs :( both rear lca bolts had to be cut either side and then the remaining bolt drilled out of the lca.

3B2C2D2B-D4D2-4BDA-BC83-745CDEECACD1_zps

288EEF61-6602-4E1E-84B9-BA00DE6DA058_zps

Then on the last bolt for the rta bush the nut started spinning (nut is hidden within the chassis) was ready to scrap the car at this point lol busted out the grinder again and chopped the chassis to reveal the nut.

4E383C89-1532-4E91-8F78-31D6AAA1A71B_zps

C5020ECA-CFB6-4709-809D-1A325C49EB65_zps

I then used the missus car to drive to work and borrow a portable mig welder. Lay under the car in the wet with my torch and welded a new nut on and the welded the section back in.

C5020ECA-CFB6-4709-809D-1A325C49EB65_zps

83901EAD-893F-46ED-A882-D10CBA0C9024_zps

I then gave it a quick rub down, not too much though as i needed to leave the strength of the weld. Quick coat of zinc primer then some black and it was as good as new.

E0404B41-6168-4095-B4E7-A435D0AE962F_zps

6B9649F5-6014-4227-A64F-3361017E44AE_zps

3514EE0D-C3AA-4432-A6D1-EAD250973D60_zps

So today was my first drive since finishing the swap. Brakes still feel a bit spongy so im going to have the bleed them again to get any trapped air out. But its looking a lot better.

DFA8DB29-4A96-4813-BE18-08C8F4BC7EE3_zps

b140eb1f-2f72-42a5-b318-8ebdb2e92bca_zps

d2e3029a-adba-4717-8f39-01fb16946a78_zps

Thats a hell of alot of work there mate! Nice one!

Looks like you went to hell and back to do it too! Poor old rusty bottom side :(

Bet she feels alot better now though?!?!

Looks really tidy, does sound like a hell of a lot of work gone into it though!

Try to have the body roughly level when you bleed it mate, should help if there's any air still in the system, also don't forget the skimmed discs will need to bed in which can give a spongy feel too as I found out with the new discs and pads.

Just scanned threw what you have been doing and i say your doing a great job, proper impressed with chopping the chassis up to be fair!

Ive got some 4x114 bbs wheels if your after some or te swap? If love to put them on my deck, why hubs are they your putting on dc2? If it's just a Hun pull and push job I may consider it. Great work!

Thats a hell of alot of work there mate! Nice one!

Looks like you went to hell and back to do it too! Poor old rusty bottom side :(

Bet she feels alot better now though?!?!

Honestly I was ready to give up lol only had short drive as I had to pick my missus up from hospital. Maybe get a wee run in it tomorrow to see how the brakes fair.

Looks really tidy, does sound like a hell of a lot of work gone into it though!

Try to have the body roughly level when you bleed it mate, should help if there's any air still in the system, also don't forget the skimmed discs will need to bed in which can give a spongy feel too as I found out with the new discs and pads.

I did read that you had a lot of trouble with your brakes! The pedal is softish and when pumped gets harder, was yours like that? I just used a one man bleed kit and couldn't actually watch to see the bubbles so will need to get a mate over and hbe another go.

Just scanned threw what you have been doing and i say your doing a great job, proper impressed with chopping the chassis up to be fair!

Ive got some 4x114 bbs wheels if your after some or te swap? If love to put them on my deck, why hubs are they your putting on dc2? If it's just a Hun pull and push job I may consider it. Great work!

Cheers man! I have the fan blades and another set of 16s. Ideally want to source another 3 4x113 steel wheels and have ago at making my own banded steels :)

Oh wow, what a mission chap, any less of a person would have binned the aerodeck!

I salute you. applause.gif1applause.gif1friday.gif1

Cheers tam! Makes it worth while when people appreciate the work gone into it.

Fair play dude didn't even see you'd bought this. What a bargain nd is coming along nicely!!!

So is the b18 gonna get rebuilt and plopped in??

Ahh man don't even start with trying to bleed full brake system on your own. I had about 4 attempts on my eg before asking for help