My aerodeck - now gone :(

marv

Cheers guys!

@kryzs my current 195/45s from the front 8" rims will be fitted. Got the second wheel all cut and tacked up, removed the steelies from the at and back on te vtis rims. Need to get the tyres removed and get the wheels refurbed up for the meet :)

That's the last wheel now fully welded. Went for arc welding this one, preferred this welding method as it's a lot slower and I felt I got better weld penetration (easy tom!)

Got wife's mot todo tomorrow so gonna ask they guy to take the wheels off my old steelies. Decks now sporting it's old weak fitment vtis rims.

7E008B92-92BF-4CBA-AE7C-0C62DABECE31_zps

D95BD371-8B3A-48A4-AC7E-3EEBD4850FA3_zps

5A944412-1F15-4A0C-A001-5D87D3EF44E4_zps

603F1341-6A22-4A6B-8877-2F472DFD46ED_zps

15F5EEA4-F0D7-4989-B7B9-F999145D80B9_zps

• Like 1

Ahh man would love to be able to weld and have kit at my disposal. I'm in the wrong trade.

Just add it to the list of stuff you can already do! I think you can even go on welding courses!

Ahh man would love to be able to weld and have kit at my disposal. I'm in the wrong trade.

I'm lucky that I was shown how to weld by guys that use to build ships etc so they knew what they were on about. My trade is a mechanical engineer and my previous employer didn't like us welding as they had their own welders. One thing i was told tho is that welding is just a skill, the more you practice the better you'll get. Once you learn what to look for and how to control the weld it becomes easy. YouTube is good for advice and tips!

• Like 1

I'm lucky that I was shown how to weld by guys that use to build ships etc so they knew what they were on about. My trade is a mechanical engineer and my previous employer didn't like us welding as they had their own welders. One thing i was told tho is that welding is just a skill, the more you practice the better you'll get. Once you learn what to look for and how to control the weld it becomes easy. YouTube is good for advice and tips!

ye welding is an art!! i'm better at Tig welding that Mig welding, but Arc welding is great fun!! i really want to learn to weld ally!