My aerodeck - now gone :(

marv

• 2 months later...

Been doing a bit maintenance recently. In the past 3 months iv replaced both front calipers and now the nsr caliper. All of them began to start sticking one after the other lol didn't take any pics of the work but here's a couple if the car...

7732311D-DA2A-49E5-8B37-A3F2FEEE5455_zps

D1014B36-3346-439A-8906-57D8D54F0056_zps

0DDF44D7-7986-4565-B759-8DD130066D91_zps

Really wanting wider steels now! Especially on the front as I feel the 8" ones ain't filling the arches much :)

I was surprised at the fronts for sticking tbh, it's usually the rears that give problems. 8.5" on the back mate. I have cut and rolled bands which would give me 9" and 10" steelies. Just need to source some other steels and then I'm good to go :)

• Like 1

Just caught up on this and I have to say.nlooks absolutely stunning. Well impressed making your own wheels. Which I had those sorts of skills. Possibilities must be endless.

Cheers guys!

I do still have it up for swaps on gumtree ATM. Fancy something rwd to do a bit of drifting in. Still in two minds as I do love the deck, so ain't letting it go for buttons or the wrong car.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

With the news of the scottish meet coming I had a sudden burst of enthusiasm for getting bits sorted on the car. Iv bought a fitted new number plates a the old ones were pretty worn. Went hunting at the local scrappy and found a mgzs which I got the sideskirts from, gave them a quick spray with satin black on nightshift and got them fitted. They sit a lot closer to the ground than the standard skirts :) met up with a friend that ha some front team heko wind deflectors that he bought 5 years ago for his coupe and turned out to be the wrong fitment. So he offered them to me for free! Good guy!

Not so good news is that my previous super glue repair on the wing mirror has given up :( was hoping to find a complete replacement door in time for the meet, there was one at the scrappy but it had been dented by the forklift :( but another positive is that iv managed to source another two accord steel wheels! Going to band them to 9" using my new cutting jig at the house.

Had a bit time to give the car a quick clean and polished the back box up...

8B3D37EE-18EE-48F3-9E32-F21ED5016BD7_zps

7B1D2ADC-1232-4830-BE96-F67AB5B13A84_zps

C916BBE2-8885-4C6F-8EB6-A585C4DBF745_zps

FA087545-2B93-4C5D-B022-11CF4C019726_zps

EBDBF65E-6A39-4AEB-823D-D80AA1A89E38_zps

• Like 2

How the hell did I miss this project thread!!!!! What an absolute steal of a price for the deck mate! Love what you've done with her, looks sweet as! Noticed in your early pics your only about 3 miles away from me too! How the heck have I not seen this going about???? Recognise the old ruined buildings in the back drop of the photos aswell......what happened to that place? Used to operate dumper trucks from there if I remember rightly? You mentioned you were moving though, not too far away I hope! Would be good to get some photos of your deck and DD together, fancy a wee photoshoot sometime before the meet? keep up the good work on her mate, and dont sell up! Awesome build! 8-) 8-)