"What the Heck??" Smitty_Works MC3 Aerodeck

so I found out the broken key has the chip in it for the immobilizer. I went to the junkyard and pulled a used ignition with key to try out. well the used one wouldn't work even with the matching immobilizer. so I switched the chips in the keys and it worked............. for about 3 hrs. now the ignition tumbler will not move or turn. its like its stuck in the off position.

I even jiggled the steering wheel to see if that would get it help, no use. so now I guess its try and see if Honda can do something. I just don't know if they can with the chip and original immobilizer.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, Honda is a damn rip off. blowupsmiley.gif 

took my car and Red key there to have them fix it. so I dropped it off last week on a Thursday cause the guy said they only needed a few hours to reprogram the new keys. well Thursday, Friday, and Saturday pass with no phone call from Honda. so I call them.

they tell me that they cannot reprogram my new keys cause my Red program key doesn't work and doesn't start the car. so of course naturally I am like WTF!!!!!! and then proceed to explain to the service woman and head Honda technician that the red key doesn't start the car, its just for learning new keys to the old system. applause.gif1  conversation went on for like 15mins. they also added that their Honda computer system couldn't read my car when plugged in and that it would have to stay there till basically next year after new years day. ummmmm.......nope.

once I got to the dealership they asked me how did I get the car there if I only had the red key. my wife had to calm me down and explain to them in German that I am no rookie when it comes to Honda and that I replaced the key and ignition cylinder and drove it there. the head tech had this puzzled look on his face. so 5 mins into the conversation the guy is basically saying it cant be fixed and suggests that its not the original red key, but it unlocks all the doors and turns the ignition rlol.gif1 

so I tell them just give me the new keys and I will solve the problem myself. and once again the tech had this smirk on his face. so I go to pay for the keys and they want to charge me 149 Euros for the keys and not programming them. I looked at the woman like aggressive.gif1 and hell no I am not paying for that. come to find out they even charged me the wrong amount for 2 keys as well.

needless to say I am about to google how to reprogram using the red key. and I wont be going back for parts unless I have to.

Can't expect to go to Honda for cheapness lol

yeah I know that. I used to work for Honda in America in the shop and the service department. but I also expect the Head Technician to know that the Red programming key wont start the car. that right there is what really ticks me off. that and they tried to charge me 44 euros per key, instead of the original 32 euros.