Shafz's NHB '02 EP3 Type R Build!

Shafzzz

Actually been swaying towards the mazda3 MPS to be honest, 5 door, LSD, leather, bose, but 260bhp/280lbft stock, with a remap and exhaust that becomes 310bhp/330lbft, unassuming and almost sleeperish, a bit niche and according to reviews quite a lot of fun, Skyline would likely have to wait till March or May next year :)

• Like 1

Yeah the MPS3 is very very high on my list of options, but then it is a bit 5doorsy and boring for a 22 year old with no commitments except car and friends haha, I may just go mental on the EP3 as for the money I'd spend on the MPS3 (another 2.5k ontop of selling EP3), I could make the EP3 a car that's a lot more fun.. but then there's the fact I'm pouring money into a 110k mile 13 year old hatch that I won't see any of it back at the end, I've already spent a fair bit on maintaining and getting this car to a semi decent standard, like where do I draw the line?

Dude you'll never see any money spent modifying a car back, if that's the reason you do it then just don't bother, you'd cry at what I've just spent on my car! I'll never see that back, I'd be mad to think otherwise.

• Like 1

I'm not expecting to see the money back, it's just that I'm spending money on a car that fair enough I love it, but it's a car that I'd have to spend a lot of money on in order to get miniscule gains (40bhp for £1500) etc. I know tuning Hondas isn't cheap N/A but it's just that whether it's worth it or not, I've been assured it is though.

I've sold 3 of my previous 5 modified cars and none of them at a loss, whilst I don't expect that with the EP3 it's just where do I draw the line on spending it on a car, when I can get another car that can make way better gains for way cheaper plus try something new. 

I'm keeping it till March or May depending on insurance at either time and seeing what else is out there.

Like on maintaining the car alone, brakes, items like driveshafts, service items, clutch etc I've probably spent well over the value of the car, on a car that still is making about stock power and doesn't look amazing. I'm not expecting the money back, but I'm expecting my moneys worth if that makes sense?

Also I don't modify cars to make money back that's ridiculous, I modify it cause I enjoy doing it, but it's whether the enjoyment I get out of the EP3 is worth the amount I'm pouring into it. The money I've spent on it I could have an MPS3 or a GTST skyline with over 300bhp. That's where the issue lies, it's not that I don't like the car, I do it's just where do I draw the line on spending on a car that doesn't look worth what I've spent on it.

And yes I may be an idiot for spending that much on it!