Shafz's NHB '02 EP3 Type R Build!

Shafzzz

• 3 weeks later...

Updates!

@Vaipo1 and @Roj did my driveshaft for me on the road after finally locating the source of a horrible knock on launch to be the passenger sides driveshaft. All went smoothly (by all, the driveshaft was fine, but re-aligning and doing my front camber bolts.. NOPE!). So now that's sorted with a few burnouts in a designated burnout box to test for knocking, all good! Went out for a hoon and got a picture of the 3 cars that night, Roj's E36 ///M328i is a beast.

hoonsquadd_zps7ejssy13.jpg

The mods I planned to showcase at Japfest2 were my new exhaust (true 2.5" straight pipe) but as I didn't go to the meeting point no one got to hear it except my mates and @Sorivity neighbours lolol, it's insanely loud and has ruined all the 'dailyness' but the pops and bangs on the overrun and the noise in VTEC is incredible. I also figured out a way to get the carbon fibre bonnet to latch but again, time was an issue before japfest2 as 3 days before the show I became an uncle!

Also deposit is down on some new wheels and I also have money for a K100 and basemap huehuehue. 

Good times roll ahead.

• Like 1

You still owe me labour on that driveshaft.

Just kidding, I don't charge to work on my own car. ;)

It's your rent-a-car when you stay at mine anyway haha, gets driven like one anyw- no.

Saw the exhaust at the show!

Bet you can't wait for the K100 to get done! I'm interested to see what gains you get for the mods!

The straight pipe and decat has helped the power top end by a massive margin, the only real restriction at the moment now is the exhaust manifold, which I'll probably chuck on on the day of mapping to save the engine from too much wear/damage.

I'm probably going to get mine tuned at Eurospec which I know for a fact has a heartbreaker/low reading dyno. My friend there with mani, 3" exhaust, K100, RBC and Tegiwa M only made 226 on their dyno but at other dynos makes up to 240 and can outpull a 300bhp ST with ease, and a stock EP3 makes 188 on their dyno so if I make anywhere around 210-215 on their dyno I'll be very happy! As when you map an EP3 it isn't about the peak increase (10-20 bhp at best) but the whopping 35+ bhp you gain midrange, his car from any revs in any gear just moves now! I want that with mine. :)

Yeah I've read the same about the mid-range gains, even on a completely standard engine there's 30-40bhp to be had in the mid-range! I reckon with a manifold matched to the 3" cat-back you'll see a nice gain peak too!