Shafz's NHB '02 EP3 Type R Build!

Shafzzz

I've heard from many EP3 owners that most tuners when they map EP3s dyno in 4th so that's the gear I should really use when talking about figures! Interesting.. And @Krzys you'd need 6th or to find another gear :lol:

For an accurate run. You choose a gear that has a ratio closest to 1:1

In an ep3 that is actually 5th.

So dunno about people using 4th.

Whatever rho don't matter does it.

Still healthy power in my opinion especially if ya got a cone filter in there. They usually zap a bit of power o these from what I've been told.

Still healthy power in my opinion especially if ya got a cone filter in there. They usually zap a bit of power o these from what I've been told.

Yeah normally suffer from heat soak, the way Shafz and I have ours we've kept the lower part of the airbox with the original cold air feed too which might be helping?

Makes a good noise anyway :lol:

• Like 1

It's decent power for 110k miles sure, still definitely has an exhaust leak somewhere but it's still quick enough.. I think

Yeah normally suffer from heat soak, the way Shafz and I have ours we've kept the lower part of the airbox with the original cold air feed too which might be helping?

Makes a good noise anyway :lol:

Yeah I'd happily trade a few bhp that won't be that noticeable, for the scream on VTEC, paired with my exhaust it's quite nice haha

Phase 1 complete: Tints

ep3tint_zpsi9ja75mu.jpg

It's not as dark as it looks in pictures and yes whilst I'm aware the fronts aren't particularly legal, when you have no A/C and no real way of cooling yourself down in a black car with a black suede interior, it was necessary, the tint place I used did my BMW and the tints are of a very high quality and it's still easy to drive with at night. Also removed the wind deflectors as the tint guy advised it could scratch the tint and showed where the clips for the hekos had been butchering my window seals and scratched the glass beforehand! By removing the wind deflectors I get a nice breeze inside the cabin whilst driving and it's nowhere near as hot!

Phase 2: Bodyshop next!

I don't see anything? It's just a black blob with wheels and a red R floating?

It's Emz holding up a TEIN sticker whilst standing up #InsideJokes

Yeah I've got better pics I'll add later