Meet Roxy! Daves Honda Civic TypeR FN2 (UPDATE: Roxy waving goodbye to Civic5)

Dave

Hmmm that didn't hang about long was an Induction kit for a hundred squid FN specific

Yeah a mate of mine was selling a kit off his FN2 and it went really quick!

• Like 1

I know what you mean about the 6 speed box, not sure if they are the same ratios in the EP3 as there are in the FN2's? It does just seem to pull in whatever gear you are in. The chassis is a lot stiffer on the EP than the MB too which is great.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the chassis is mega stiff in this. Well, more bad news! She's booked in to the dealership tomorrow morning again! She now has a knocking noise coming from the front over uneven roads, sounds like either the drop links or the wishbones are on the way out. And had a major barney on the phone about the wheels! Part of the deal was they were getting fully refurbed for me. Well, they got a guy in to do them, and instead of redoing them to oem finish (diamond cut/polished spokes and gunmetal grey inserts) he painted the wheels! So effing annoyed! Although they still look kinda smart, they've lost the look they had to begin with. So told dealership I'm not accepting them like that!

And just spent £600 on tyres! It came with brand spanking new tyres fitted, but they were some unknown budget brand. Found out in the wet she was totally undriveable, spinning up in third on a straight road with hardly any accelerator at all, and skidding all over the place. So rather than bin the car, I thought I'd rather bin the tyres! Got some new Goodyear eagle F1's on now (I always like my goodyears!) and the difference is amazing! So planted now in the corners, much much better.

So just hope she's not in the garage too long this time.

Oh FFS mate! Sounds like they are just trying to cheap out of their agreement on the wheels! :(

Hopefully the knocking is like you say mate, probably just age related wear and tear.

I'm a big fan of the eagle F1's too, are they the Asymmetric ones you've got?

• Like 1

yeah thats the ones. Great tyres, and always been a big fan of goodyears.  And agree, totally stupid to put budget tyres on any hot hatch car, guaranteed to end in disaster!

• Dave unpinned this topic