Meet Roxy! Daves Honda Civic TypeR FN2 (UPDATE: Roxy waving goodbye to Civic5)

Dave

Love it Dave nice one! How does the engine compare to a b18? Similar?

Would be intersting to know opinions after having both as a regular drive.

• Like 1

That's it now, Dave's smitten, @Gayle doesn't stand a chance :lol:

lol @Gayle knows shes the number 1 babe!

Haha Dave has a new baby!! :)

Oh and just spotted, get those calipers painted too ;)

Already got the paint ready and waiting mate! lol Now just need to find the time

Love it Dave nice one! How does the engine compare to a b18? Similar?

@KiNK43

In a word..........amazing! The power delivery is quite like the MB6 in that its quite linear and progressive compared to say the B16, wjere all hell breaks loose when VTEC comes in. But it's just how quick it gets the speed up compared to the MB6, it's just so quick! I'm still getting used to the clutch, which bites basically as soon as your foot leaves the floor, whereas theres a bit more play in the mb6 so gearchanges are smoother. But I'll get the hang of it! 0-60 I think is 6.6 secs, and it hits the ton way quicker than ruby, so a lot of fun to be had. It also seems a lot more refined, the engine being really smooth. Suspension wise, a lot of folk have critisized the FN2 for being far to stiff, and I know of one or two that feel like back breakers when in them. But I'm guessing they may have had mods/stiffer suspension fitted, because although she's stiffer than the TypeS,  she's still comfortable enough for day to day life. Gayle and I have put a fair few miles on her already, and it's been a really nice car to go a long journey in. Only really rough (and i mean mega bad) roads are when you feel it could have been made slightly softer, but other than that, a great all round drive. the one thing I love is no squeaks, rattles or other annoying noises, feels well put together. :wink:

Fuel consumption wise, it's hard to tell yet, but it's looking like I'm gonna get 320 miles out of a tank. Not bad as thats a complete mixture of driving (motorways, A-roads, B-roads, city centre etc and also quite a few miles in Vtec). Could probs get more if I just did a bit more sedate driving, but gotta try her out eh! Oh, and insurance wise........only £77 more than the TypeS! Was well surprized! Which means she's still way cheaper to insure than Ruby. So should deffo save money long term by selling Ruby and Lexy and going for one all round car.

Na it's gotta b like sexy lexy......Foxy roxy!

@powerofdreams haha! Love it!

Looks good mucker. Nice to have a bit of modern plushness every now and again :)

yeah mate, really nice place to be sitting behind the wheel. All mod cons like dual digital climate control, auto lights/wipers, cruise control, mega nice bucket seats and lots of cubby holes/storage (which the MB is deffo lacking in).

• Like 2

What paint have you gone for? Red?

Have to say driving my friends, it is a very nice place to sit :)

Although in terms of speed, is it not the illusion that your getting to a ton quicker as your gear changing more?? I have another friend at work with a bog standard fn2 who I pulled up beside on afternoon from work and he couldn't pull away. Albeit the deck isn't standard.

Your insurance is cheaper on Roxy than Ruby?? Huh?? How does that work??

What paint have you gone for? Red?

Have to say driving my friends, it is a very nice place to sit :)

Although in terms of speed, is it not the illusion that your getting to a ton quicker as your gear changing more?? I have another friend at work with a bog standard fn2 who I pulled up beside on afternoon from work and he couldn't pull away. Albeit the deck isn't standard.

Your insurance is cheaper on Roxy than Ruby?? Huh?? How does that work??

Same with my mates FN2, our cars are pretty even and mine has no mods to the engine really!

Insurance wise I think it's because the newer cars are harder to steal/break into so it'll be less of a risk!

• Dave unpinned this topic