Mtec Discs...again :(

burbleboy

Yeah, i think that might be an option. Just thought that as the discs are grooved, they would help to clean the pad up and stop glazing. But fitting decent ferodo pads, would be fine also!

ooooh what to do!

I read something about dimpled or drilled discs letting gas escape from pads? Not really sure though, sounded good other than the cracks that seem to develop from what I've read.

i'm using Mtec discs, grooved and dimpled, no problem so far, i'm also running NISSIN superstreet pads which seem to be brilliant :) i do give my car a hammering every so often and no problem so far!!

when car is back on the road will test them again, but i find them brilliant

I found the mtec brillant as well mate, really stopped on it's nose. Only issue for me was the slight cracking all round the front discs and the now shudder under heavyish braking, a sign that the mtec metal has some flaws. Even although they are small cracks, they WILL get bigger over time.

i'm using Mtec discs, grooved and dimpled, no problem so far, i'm also running NISSIN superstreet pads which seem to be brilliant :) i do give my car a hammering every so often and no problem so far!!

when car is back on the road will test them again, but i find them brilliant

Yeah we know about your thrashings!

How long are the Mtec discs lasting you Al out of curiosity, rough mileage, age and was it just the one track day you managed?

Had discs on for exactly 13,875 miles.

A few roadtrips/meets and one trackday.

Looking at that stat...they have lasted well!

Yeah that's not too terrible but that's probably about a years worth of driving? Which is a short amount of time, could understand if they'd done more track days.