Mtec Discs...again :(

burbleboy

Hmmm i'd flush the whole system personally chaps ..

That's what I was getting at :)

I took @UnicyclingTom advice and used motul fluid. Mechanic in work gave me a syringe to drain fluid out of reservoir then advised to pump pedal 20 times per side whilst topping up with new fluid. 20 pumps of pedal seems a lot but that way guarantees a good flush!

I don't have fade anymore but just disc problems as per this thread!

Sounds like its heading in the right direction mate! Have you thought any more about what discs you might go for?

I really don't know!

If I get OEM discs then my rear grooved and dimpled would look out of place (yeah I know I'm sad for caring bout that!) And changing rear discs is more cash when there fine.

I think a pair of grooved fronts only is a the answer...what ones is a mystery!

Yeah that would bug me too mate and it's not worth changing all four if the rears are okay! 

Just had a look at Tarox and they only seem to do them for the MC1 or MB1-4 all of which are 4x100 :(

When i last put dics on my MB6 (Simpo has it now) i went for OEM discs and Brembo pads and it was a great combo i though never had them warp (like i did with Mintex ones lol).

Just replaced the dics on my CTR and went for OEM Discs and Pads, cost a bit more but they last a long time apparently ;)

• Like 1

got mtec drilled and grooved on mine with ebc black stuff pads, i'm quite happy with them as a far as stopping goes, but after seeing what people have seen with there disk's, i'm gonna be keeping an eye on them, just wish i could sort out the brake squeal out i get when first apply the brakes, but i suspect that's down to the pad's.

Could be a number of things TBH ..

As Krzys said, copper slip on the out side of the pad and in the carriers is a must ..

Could also though be down to a slight bit of grit down inbetween the pad n disk ..

Could be a number of things TBH ..

As Krzys said, copper slip on the out side of the pad and in the carriers is a must ..

Could also though be down to a slight bit of grit down inbetween the pad n disk ..

Just don't follow my dad's advise of using WD40 on the disc....my older brothers mate did once on his moped when the rear brake seized on, the lad really was quite dim! :roll:

• Like 1