stance boys beware

Jayhoath83

I'm sure that if the tyre was proper odd looking then the coppers will act. A simple tyre wall/width difference should not be on their radar.

Personally, i think the cars look nice with a slight stretch, but not some of the crazy stretched tyres you see on some forums + pictures.

The people driving these type of cars are mostly always into cruising and not heavy hooning, so i would imagine as there is no hard evidence that this type of thing causes mass carnage and fatalities, then it should be up to the discression of the police how to deal with each situation.

• Like 1

Yep completely agree and see where they are coming from with trying to stop stances like that ..

But not checking recommended tyres to whats on there like I said further up

Most of the time the coppers wouldn't notice a small profile or width change, I think it's for the more obvious cases.

My m8 ollie found this on a police forum n theres a lot of coppers itching to pull people for it

basically its all down to the type approval of ur car as to what tyres are allowed to be fitted im guessing if a copper pulls u to check wat tyres ur running their database will tell them what you should have

Theres a list aparrantly of type approval somewhere in the in the section 40a of the traffic act

Surely that's going to cause problems for anyone with aftermarket wheels that are a different width/size to the stock wheels?

surely if the overall radius of the wheel and tyre is in the same region as the original spec then there won't be an issue?

But that's my point Doc .. Who defines "same region" one copper might think 5mm is ok, the next might not ..

Well i spoke to my cuzz's sister in law who is a copper n she said its been brought in as legislation which means its down to there descretion n she said that shees pulled one lad already coz it was ridiculous and they could see the rims protrude so i think a little stretch wont get noticed