K24 EP3

beastgtir

Intake wise, I've gone for the BLOX velocity stack (with additional filter). I'l be using stainless 3.5" pipe and a 3.5" to 3" reducer throttle body side. 3.5" intake and pipe work has been proven to have slightly better performance. Every time I say 'no more spending' something else crops up!! angrymod.gif1

41-UTOerAOL.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So the parts arrived but missing the crucial supertech valve seals, dual valve springs, retainers and whatever comes in the kit. Super pee'd off as the engine was dropped off at the builders to begin the build.

Had a shocking quote of £500 for a 3" B pipe, still recovering from that. Should be able to get a nice one done for £250 ish as Solid Fabrications only wanted £280.. Great price for the quality of their work, just a bit tricky trying to drive there without an exhaust!

Stripped the front end off the EP3, ready to drop out the engine complete with subframe.

£500 just for a B-Pipe!?  WACK11111

I've heard good things about Solid Fabrications reading a few threads on the CTR owners forum :)

Shame about the missing parts, I'd be pretty annoyed too! 

• 1 month later...

Ok haven't updated this in a while.

Engine is built and in the car, ECU has been sent to get a base map put on so I can fire it up and run in a few miles then dump the oil n change it.

Placed order on 30th march for oils and gearbox oil etc, still no sign. After receiving a message saying its will be with you in 7-10 days I find this totally unreasonable as it has now passed that time frame and I could have bought the product elsewhere if I knew the delay!

changed the RBC for one ported to 70mm, just need to port the throttle body adaptor to 70mm now.

Also added a clockwise motion drop in sump baffle, BC racing coilovers and a carbon bonnet to the list.

Alloys and rocker cover have been done a lovely black sparkle. I was eager to drop in the engine n box and get it running and didn't do much with the engine bay or engine itself. I may remove it again in the winter n clean it up n do the bay with fresh paint etc.

tyres I got yoko ad08r as all rounders and won't wear out too quick I hope. went for 215-45-17. Look real chunky on the alloys.

ECU is going to be k100 -

Gearbox I had redone, now it is K20 gears with Mfactory LSD, Accord Type S 4.3 Final drive.