'Glen the Deck' - Baikal green VTI MC2

BiMU

Wow you are certainly chewing through the to do list fairplay sir n as krzys for the aircon pump n its rad is right buy it . Only thing im not sure of is if we need to plug anything up if its removed

Nice deck mate..Even though you had so many small bits to sort out but good thing is nothing major..and you are going through the list at a pretty good rate..Your engine bay looks exactly like mine lol :D..Which parts need covering before giving it a good wash?

Wow you are certainly chewing through the to do list fairplay sir n as krzys for the aircon pump n its rad is right buy it . Only thing im not sure of is if we need to plug anything up if its removed

Trying to churn through... but just realised that people are already starting to prep cars for show season and may need to do some work on the Shuttle.

There's probably some connections in the interior that may need blocking up - I'll try and see where the pipes go through tomorrow.

Nice deck mate..Even though you had so many small bits to sort out but good thing is nothing major..and you are going through the list at a pretty good rate..Your engine bay looks exactly like mine lol :D..Which parts need covering before giving it a good wash?

I think the distributer and everything else electric related. Was told also not to jet-wash on a warm/hot engine. 

So... visited a friend who's previously worked on my Shuttle (installed VTEC Mini conversion) - he's seen a fair Honda's and gave me some bad news about the Aerodeck. Its seems that at some point in its life it had an engine replacement. It's still a B18C4 but we don't know why it would've been changed as the milage on the MOT's all add up at a steady rate - so there's one thing not to already trust - no idea how old the engine is. It would explain the missing AC along with a missing front engine brace.

So now we have a fork in the road.

Sell up or break for parts as I feel there's no way I can ever get the £1200 I paid for it selling it as a whole = Means I'd be back with the CRV until after I get married (this September - face palm) - Missus would kill me if I bought another car!

Or

Keep it. The only thing I can't account for is the engine but it still feels strong and my mate commented on how clean the oil was. He said that even after adding new oil and 300miles there would still be dirty oil at a bottom of a dipstick but the oil was clear! = Means I would fork out to get the ABS sorted and pretty much all of this list complete but it also means no goodies for it. So would be looking to spend around another £400 or so. Slowly keep finding random dents all over it so would keep it solid but a sleeper.

Just not sure what to do... Are there any other options? (I've been back to the seller and he said it was the same engine when he bought it. Even if he's lying I'm still lumbered with it - I bought it checked it's HPI, MOT but failed to go with my instinct as well as checking numbers.  

It's a hard one... its done 63k and on its 2nd engine, I take it, the engine number doesn't match the logbook? It might be worth checking with a Honda dealer to see if it was done under Warranty.

Iirc, the cambelt should be done every 8yrs so the original engine could of suffered cambelt failure

Personally if it drives like it does, spoton, i'd stick with it.

Mines done 168k now, I got it on 150k, so it showing its age.

Stick with it, it'll have its differences but it could just be a gem of a car.