Alloy wheel size discussion - 15" vs 16" vs 17"

ammarbm

Problem is I got those old 5s in the shed. But when had tyres put in dc2 rims they got all scuffed up. And my mate mixed that paint one off.... So I'll have to Refurb them a different colour. Know what I'm sayin. Found some nice 16x7 et35 on eBay may go for them would need to sell me toyos tho to help pay for them and tyres

16s suit the decks much better I think ;)

• Like 2

Think that 16s will be the best for handling to be fair. I know that the 15s feel much more perky for acceleration, but the 17s feel much better for grip.

If i was buying some new wheels I'd probably go for 16s. I just meant that decks carry 17s off better than hatches. ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, don't get me wrong.. I love the look of my 17 inchers (might be going back on this weekend) but would like to try a nice light set of 16s to see how they feel.

Always remember reading a review of the dc2 years ago that said something along the lines of don't be tempted to try bigger wheels than the 16s because you'll ruin the handling.

I've always thought of 17's on the M as more of a show item than a handling item. I'm sure it doesn't make that much difference to an already compromised (as standard) car. Maybe on the DC2 it would have upset the handling because they were designed with that in mind whereas the M wasn't really.