Jimbobs VTiS

Guest jimbob738

Yeah it does handle well especially after driving the Jeep which handles as you would expect from an American motor like a sloppy turd...........

I still need to do the 4 wheel alignment and toying with getting the Geometry checked to avoid any un even wear but its how I would correct that without adjustable Arms and such which is bothering me.

I will see how it goes after 4 wheel tracking.

Guest jimbob738

Bad thing is after all this work I have done on it I think I am going to be stuck with the Jeep as the missus doesn't seem to be taking to it very well, she likes my MB6 too much.

I am considering selling the jeep and Volvo to buy an MC2 for the third time round.

I want some opinions on what exhaust system I should use on the MB6 as im in two minds.

I am currently running a Yonoko 4-1 Header, Tegiwa 2.5" decat and ITR JDM stainless B pipe and a Supersprint Back box, which at top end seems to be restricting past like 100MPH I would say.

my other options is to re-fit my 2.5" Mongoose system which sounded amazing and to be honest it breezed top end with that on but lost a little down low, but now with the extra air flow of the Skunk2 and 66mm TB I think would be better suited to the job.

I like top end grunt as I don't spend much time below 3K anyway on the roads round here most big A roads or M1 when I use it.

the SS back box is quiet but sounds raspy when you boot it some would say Farty opions please people?

Guest jimbob738

Yeah I think so as well it was just so load and when I had to go at the bottom end and the stuttering issue I looked bloody stupid driving around at low RPM roaring and going now where so I removed it thinking that was because of less low down torque but since realised it was the OEM manifold and TB being so clogged it could work properly.

it does look the business to be fair but missus hated it oh why cant she just have the jeep................

Yeah I think so as well it was just so load and when I had to go at the bottom end and the stuttering issue I looked bloody stupid driving around at low RPM roaring and going now where so I removed it thinking that was because of less low down torque but since realised it was the OEM manifold and TB being so clogged it could work properly.

it does look the business to be fair but missus hated it oh why cant she just have the jeep................

Put it back on, if she really hates it she'll have the Jeep! :D

Guest jimbob738

Krzys, I like your style................although she has just walked into my office smiling telling me how much better the civic handles now I have uprated everything.

Oh dear

Guest jimbob738

Would personally go for top end as well here mate ..

Yeah, sometimes gets me wondering why does low down torque matter so much when your not pootling around city centres running off at lights like a diak!

normally where Honda's have struggled is keeping up with bigger motors on A roads but uprating to B18C6 spec's you don't have to worry about it topping out at 125-30 it just keeps pulling.

Guest jimbob738

Vovlo is on Fleabay be glad to get that sold, gone for the reliable family car angle, just to shift it im not hiding anything its a decent car just not my taste.

Reserve 800 quid

Guest jimbob738

Just on the exhaust point, does anyone else have a tegiwa 2.5" decat fitted as mine no matter what I do Donut ring size wont seem to seal correctly im thinking of getting it welded directly to the Manifold as it is adjustable it slides off anyway, when I have an MOT I swap the Standard mani and cat back on to save Hassle and standard ECU.