What sound system is everyone using?

h4mza

Just curious as I'm looking to upgrade my sound system. Currently have no stereo in the car lol. Anyone suggest a good stereo with USB/CD/AUX compatibility. Also want to replace the door speakers at the same time so need info on which ones will fit and what adapters if required. 

I've just ordered an entire new set up, but it's for the Type R which isn't much good to you haha! But I think you can get 6.5" speakers into the front doors on the M! 

Most headunits these days come with USB/Aux on and bluetooth if you're bothered about that! 

I have FLi 6" 210 watts speakers and not happy because it sounds same as my old standard ones. Would upgrading the head unit make a difference? Mine is a rubbish cheap one. 

Got fli front door speakers too and not impressed with them really!... Also still no head unit so would like recommendations on what double din touch screen units are any good??

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-avh-170dvd_p-32515.htm

These are meant to be good!

You can get really good sounds out of a m (even without vtec :wink: ) with a reasonable effort. I upgraded all at once and was super happy with the result. I ended up with a Pioneer head unit, Jbl mids & tweeters + crossovers and Pioneer co-axials in the back. The rears needed spacers since the oem's are paper thin but the fronts fit in their original spots... after only a little bit of modification :-D . Took some time but wasn't difficult at all. The fitment of the crossovers took a bit of head scrathing but eventually found their place inside the door cards. Also sound proofed the front doors and should've done the same on the roof above the rear speakers (deck), since heavy bass resonates the metal a bit. But no extra amps or subs and it's sounding great.

I've got a Kenwood kdc6541u headunit and its really nice. OEM m speakers sounds great with it actually. Really punchy.

Unfortunately I have vibe slick 6 speakers in my eg and they sound pretty awful :(

Need some cheapish decent upgrades really