EP3 Build *Updated*

blacksport01

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sort of yea. I've had timing issues and oil pressure issues with the replacement engine. Me and Ad fitted a new cam chain, cam chain tensioner, oil pump chain and tensioner, Reused my original oil pump, baffle plate and fitted a new oil pressure switch. Timing issues are now good but the oil light still comes on when engine is warm and only at idle. I was going to fit my original head to it but i dont think its worth it. We found a fair old bit of metal in the sump and minor damage to the block casing.

So took another look at my original engine. Got it completly stripped down only thing left in it is the crankshaft. Anyway the crank doesn't look as bad as i originally thought and im pretty sure it can be reused :D The damaged cylinder bores look like they might hone out. I put a honing tool on order today so that should be with me next week hopefully. IF the bores hone out ok then i will be rebuilding the original engine with all new parts, the only original parts will be the block casing, crankshaft and cylinder head.

Give me a about four months maybe less to get the money up together and i think it will be back up and running with no faults to worry about........i hope anyway

:lol::lol::lol: Yea i have kept my cool to a certain extent. I've had days where i just think about it all and just think i've had enough and can't be bothered with it anymore. Im praying this one cylinder bore hones out ok if it does im pretty certain i will have a perfectly good engine going back together. If it doesn't then i dont know what i will do.

Archived