EP3 Build *Updated*

blacksport01

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck with the rebuild mate! i hope one day i will see it in the metal! :D

Cheers mate

Yeah, fingers crossed for ya.... But, if you ever did wanna part ex your seats, I'll let you :)

:lol::lol: No chance no offence but i prefer the look of the facelift seats compared to the prefacelift. The only way they will come out is if i buy some recaros out of a 30th anniversary or a premier edition.

I'll keep you all updated when i start getting somewhere with it which should be fairly soon :D

Did you get any more progress with the engine Dave. Ad was sayning you still had probs with it :(

Not as of yet mate. As the car stands now only the cylinder block (from replacement engine) is in the car currently resting on the subframe. The cylinder head is sitting on my work bench. There was a lot of metal in the sump (possible big end bearings) and the damn oil light still came on at idle and still rattles quite bad.

Im now in the process of saving £1000 (looks over to credit card :lol:) and rebuilding my bottom end of the original engine though i need a honeing tool to see if one cylinder is repairable without being rebored. Until i get that tool i cant really do anything. I should hopefully have that next week some time.

fook mate !!!!! been watchin tv worst horror stories this beats them all !!!!!!sorry to hear that mate!hope goes well asap :( :( ;)

Cheers mate im hoping it all goes well too. I should be able to update on this next week sometime depends if the tool arrives or not. Hopefully with good news and not bad :lol:

Archived