EP3 Build *Updated*

blacksport01

Thats exactly what im going to do Rich :D If i had the time i would have stripped it and repaired it but i need a car so im stuck at the moment borrowing cars off work and getting lifts. However the engine i should get wednesday comes complete (gearbox,wiring loom, ecu, all ancillaries and driveshafts) im only going to fit the engine. Im going to swap my current gearbox over and maybe all ancillaries as i know mine are good then ill sell the gearbox, loom,ecu etc then the engine once its repaired. Hopefully that will get most the money if not all of it back

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update!!

My new engine arrived today :D got it all sorted so its all ready to be put back into the car tomorow. Ive made a good engine out of the two as the new engine came from a salvage company and they didnt do the best job getting it out. The wiring loom i was hoping to sell has damged plugs and some other bits were damaged so nicked them off my fooked engine. Also put my gearbox on the new engine as i know it doesnt crunch or anything.

A few other bits as well ill put it in more detail next post. So fingers cross i will be back driving it tomorow ecstatic.gif1

Well the new engine was faulty. It has a crack in the block. It was running sweet until we took it up in the air and saw oil pouring out :( 20 mins later we found the crack.

So now the engine is coming out again on saturday and obviously im in the process of getting a refund for the faulty engine.

For now i have brougt myself a cheapish car just to keep me mobile. I dont plan on being in it for long the sonner i get back in the civic the better. Anyway here are a couple of pics of my Nissan Almera

img_0057.jpg

img_0056.jpg

What an absolute gutter mate :( Bad enough having to change the engine, but for to go through all that and find its no good is pure hell. Glad the place you got it from is refunding you, but then youve got the hassle of trying to find another. Hang in there mate though, will be worth the wait!

That wee Almeras a tidy runaround bud, funnily enough i liked the almera GTi (or was it SRi? cant remember!) when they came out, guy i worked with had one. And its still jap! 8-)

banghead.gif1banghead.gif1banghead.gif1banghead.gif1 arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr for god sake arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr what a pain when things go wrong they go wrong i know :shock::(:(:(:( stick with it it will all work out . hope it is soon for you :D

What an absolute gutter mate :( Bad enough having to change the engine, but for to go through all that and find its no good is pure hell. Glad the place you got it from is refunding you, but then youve got the hassle of trying to find another. Hang in there mate though, will be worth the wait!

That wee Almeras a tidy runaround bud, funnily enough i liked the almera GTi (or was it SRi? cant remember!) when they came out, guy i worked with had one. And its still jap! 8-)

Yep its a right pain i was well gutted. Not going to bother getting another one now as i had to get a car anyway so i will just repair my old engine when we get this refund.

What a pain in the bum , is the place you got it from happy to give you your money back . Im hope you get it all sorted soon . Rich.

They say they will give me a refund or replace the engine but now i have a car ive asked for a refund. The idea of just putting an engine in it was so i didnt have to buy another car. Ive got a feeling it will take a little while to get the money back though. If they dont ill leave it with the credit card company and tell them it was not fit for purpose and get the money back that way.

banghead.gif1banghead.gif1banghead.gif1banghead.gif1 arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr for god sake arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr what a pain when things go wrong they go wrong i know :shock::(:(:(:( stick with it it will all work out . hope it is soon for you :D

Yea i know the one time you want something to go right and something goes wrong. I was so close to driving it again. Ony thing we had to do was check the exhaust as it sounded like it could be blowing. Other than that it was done.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok quick update. Got the knackered engine stripped down today and well it is knackered. It has at least 2 bent con rods. I took out one piston and found that knackered the sides are badly damaged. The cylinder bore is badly scored from the piston going up and down, there is marks on the crankshaft and that is just cylinder one. Basically i guess it will need at least 2 pistons, piston rings, 2 con rods, all bearings then likely to be a new crankshaft and cylinder block casing (Basically too expensive to repair)

You could get the crank ground and use over sized bearings and get the block bored out and use over sized pistons . ut like you say there is alot of cost to that , Im sure you could list it on ebay as damaged and you would get some money for it .

Did you get your money back for the other engine thats was damaged from the scrap yard . If you have i would say the best thing is to get another one from somewere .

Sorry to hear you are having more bad look

Rich.

Archived