EP3 Build *Updated*

blacksport01

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right then. Slight update but not one i like :lol: As some of you know ive been without my car for almost a week now. Monday morning i was on my way to work when i caused engine damage to my engine as i tried swerving around a partially flooded lane on a dual carriageway with a long arm intake fitted. Anyway as you can guess i broke down the engine died straight away. Got it going after an hour in the pouring rain with help from jalesi2001 and eventually got to work an hour late. Its bad news anyway. To cut a long story short i think the con rods are bent slightly and cylinders 1 and 2 are down on compression with water in the oil.

This is the culprit. I strongly advise not to buy a long arm intake. If you do DON'T use it in the wet.

100_0702.jpg

This is how my car currently looks.

100_0698.jpg

100_0695.jpg

And to show you how much a engine weighs (remember the car is lowered 30mm!!!)

100_0699.jpg

So i ordered a new engine today well second hand. Its got 30k miles on the engine so should be mint. Hopefully i will be driving it again on saturday :D

Thats the best way one out one in well the fastest way to get the car back on the road , you going to rebuild your engine ( fit 2 new rods) and then sell it on to get some of the money back , Thats what i would do . Rich.

Archived