EP3 Build *Updated*

blacksport01

Holly cow! Thats a whole load of honda parts right there! Good to see you making progress with it mate, been a hella lot of bad luck with the ep, but she'll come good in the end though. Are you rebuilding the original engine, or is that the replacement one?

Looks like you're gonna be busy lol Keep up the good work ;)

Cheers Dave. Yep a lot of parts and more to come :D This is the original engine. I think the big end bearings have gone in the replacement engine as there was a lot of metal in the sump. Hopefully she will come good im planning to fit it back into the car so it doesn't have to have any work done apart from servicing for a long time.

Im a bit stuck with it at the moment as i need the 2 main bearings which have a ETA of end of month before i can put the crank back in.

Other things i forgot to add is my con rod bearings will be ordered tomorrow. I think at that point i will have everything i need

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea hopefully end of the month roughly depending if everything on back order arrives before hand. I don't want to sorn the car so i need it built asap and i need to pay nigel soon as poss so i know how much money i have to play with. I worked it out earlier that i owe him roughly £1800 :shock::shock::(

And i have a change of plans with the flywheel and clutch. Bit more expensive but the F1 flywheel isn't really lighter so i found one which is :D

nice one dave i bet you can not wait till she is up and running again 1"£££$££"!! and all this from a long intake :x

nice one dave i bet you can not wait till she is up and running again 1"£££$££"!! and all this from a long intake :x

Yea lesson learnt really isn't it. The only thing i need now or should i say want is a lightened flywheel and stage 1 clutch then i'll be happy and i should hopefully find out if i have enough cash for that on tuesday :D Oher than that im just waiting on bearings to arrive im stuck till then

Ok, blacksport01 has moved dealers now, leaving his car and the mountin of bits here with me to look after in the week. He only gets to work on the car at the weekend if he is not working so progress has been slow, and waiting for back-ordered parts hasn't helped either. :x

Anyway, thought I would start to lend a hand while I had a bit of time on my hands this week, theres not a massive amount of things I can do as blacksport has some of the bits, and I have the rest, but we thought as the head was off and just sitting there, I'd strip it, change the gaskets, seals, valve stem oil seals and re-seat the valves. I have also fully cleaned the head in the parts washer to get rid of most of the dirt and old oil that has been stuck to it.

So I started by stripping the head down, and the pile of bits just got a whole lot bigger.....

ca436a13.jpg

Then came the valve removal stage....

a3d65572.jpg

All out...!

debd0826.jpg

Then cleaned the inlet manifold and stripped head...all shiny now!!

def6596a.jpg

235f4056.jpg

Only a small update but its something I suppose!!! Tomorrow's job is lapping the valves in... :shock:

Archived