Dave

Daves new Daily.....MINI Cooper 2nd Gen

Infinitely upgradable :D

• Like 1

lol That was quality mate! rlol.gif1

So, one wee update. Managed to track down a oem spare wheel kit for Carly. Like the TypeR, these come with no spare, just a can of that useless stuff. Didn't fancy paying BMW's price for it so been watching the usual sites waiting for one to come up. Went through in DD to Carluke tonight (further away than I thought it was!) to pick it up so will get that fitted asap. Hate not having a spare, so this will solve that problem.

Know what you mean, had to get one for karen's accord as well. That sealant is a rubbish idea. 

• Like 1

Glad I got a full size spare bolted to the back of mine. When I had the insignia (courtesy car) that had a can and no wheel. Was all ways at the back of my mind when I took it to Derbyshire....

• Like 1

Yeah mate, same here. Never know when or where youre gonna get a flat (Roxy excellent example) so good to have a spare wheel there just incase.

Was saying to Gayle that its wrong that car manufacturers are allowed to design/sell cars without a spare wheel nowadays........to me its an important safety feature. Stiff all this weight saving ballony they keep spewing out, its all about cutting costs!

• Like 1

gutted! Left work today and went to get Carly from the car park at midlothian bowling club. Got to car to find some low life scum had either reversed or drove into her at some speed. Been hit on drivers side front, impact has busted the bonnet, bumper, front slam panel at headlight is bashed so headlight pointing at road (although light itself has no damage). Worst bit? That b's just buggred off, no note or anything with their details. Bloody hate tossers that do that. Now im left with having to go through insurance as a fault claim, arranging car to go into repair centre, arranging a car to use while shes in, paying excess etc. All for something that wasnt my fault. Checked with the bowling club but thry showed me their cameras, all of which are in the wrong place. Least the insurance are gonna get her fixed but pees me off. Will put pics up tomorrow. Know its a white car, as theres traces of white paint so will be on the lookout in the car park on monday for a white car with damage...........

Just put her in the garage and had a bit of a closer look.......took effin ages to get the bonnet open! Thought the headlight had escaped damage but its totally smashed all the brackets off the light plus slam panel had been shoved towards inner wheel arch. Bastids! Damage doesnt look that bad with bonnet down appart from the mile gap between light and bonnet that you can shove your hand in, and the huge gap between the wheel arch and bonnet. Looking from drivers door towards front the bonnet is sticking out a fair old whack and is creased. Bumper has a split in it and the mounting point for it is gubbed. Been a healthy smack for it being in a bloody car park!

Thing is, she was parked in probably the safest space in the whole car park, nobody cokld park behind her, and cod only park on the space next to pass side. Space was right at bottom of car park in the corner so well out of the way. Be buggeted if i can understand how or why it happened. Was gonna use dd in the summer for going to work but no way im leaving her there!

Fecking tossers! 

I remember when someone reversed into karen's accord outside the old house one night.. After some csi work realised that it was a quashqi from the rooms reflector that had smashed one the ground and stuck in the headlight. 

Totally shameless just driving off without saying anything.... 

Probably some old fucknut who shouldn't be driving anymore with no control over their pedals. 

• Like 1

They probably didn't see it, it is after all, just a mini! :P

Gutted Dave. 

• Like 1

The insurance seemed to think its repairable so just depends on repair place. 

Cheers mate, yeah has been gutting. Hate all the waiting to hear from repairers to, just want it in and fixed ASAP. Gayle's gonna take to/from work which is good of her as she doesn't want DD out in this crappy weather (had snow her but gone now) and doesn't want DD left in that car park

Wasn't the safest spot afterall! Doh!

Lol not any more it isn't! On a more positive note, my colleague suggested sending an email round the council to see if anyone saw anything. One of the chaps through in the main I.T. dept emailed me back telling me that the place has more than just their own cameras. The council/police have cameras there too. So he showed me where the cameras were and one will possibly have seen the culprit, and another is placed so it will hopefully have got their reg when they drove out! Just to let my insurance company know to contact him directly as he can then work with the police to view the footage. Said it might not amount to anything but well worth a check.

Anything is worth a go if it means the difference between claiming against yourself or not mate!

Yeah, called insurance today so theyre gonna email in and check it out. Garage came with truck this morning to take jer away so now starts the waiting game.

Gutting for you, hopefully the cctv will of caught something....

You know what it means though, courtesy car, roof.....has to happen!

Lol no got a courtesy car mate, not on my insurance. Gayles been great taking me to work and picking me up and got a lift home from one of my bosses too so been ok. Have to use DD on Friday though so gonna park her somewhere safe.

That sucks! But DD seeing daylight will do her some good :)

• Like 1

Lol always love driving DD!