Finch's Double D's

Finch

On 12/11/2016 at 11:48 AM, Chandler said:

Standard valves. Skunk2 springs and retainers. Ye z6 will be up for sale next year man. Still got more money to put into the engine first 

I need something to keep me quiet in new year, living with my brother in-law and his girlfriend until may during this 6month deployment been here a week and it is sending me bonkers

Keep looking at an older B20 CRV just as a fun off road project :lol: would need to figure out if overriding the dodgy half-arssed AWD is possible

• 1 month later...

SITREP:152245ZDEC16

I'm not dead.. That is all...

No, but in all seriousness I'm currently training up-north for work and don't get chance to use the cars at the moment however I've been hoarding parts for the new year when I move once again! For the Civic Sport I have a fair amount of work to do to get it how I want and a parts list the length of my arm..

Waiting to fit...

Suspension stuff

• Skunk2 Toe and Camber arms
  • Function7 Rear brace and LCA
  • Hardrace upper control arms
  • Omni Power Billet front LCA
  • Moog full control kit (ball joints, inner/outer track rod ends)
  • Tegiwa upper brace (front)
  • Benen Racing billet rear tie bar

Power adder stuff

• Password:JDM Power chamber / Whale c**kerel 
  • Billet oil catch can
  • Billet oil cooler
  • 3 Bar Map sensor
  • AEM Fuel rail + Adapter
  • AEM FPR
  • AEM Infinity 5
  • Turboooooooo (and feeds)
  • Full Race Vacuum junction
  • Vacuum hose
  • Turbo Timer
  • Boost Controller
  • Silicone Hoses

Need to buy

Suspension stuff

• BC or MiesterR coilovers

Power adder stuff

• Turbo manifold - Wanted stainless but probably a cast one now; Looking at SPA Top mount or Generic Greddy type
  • Wastegate (Tial 38mm)
  • BOV (Greddy / Trust Type FV)
  • 7psi spring
  • Intercooler + piping
  • Injectors

There is also quite a bit cosmetic stuff I want to do to both cars its again just getting the time.. And if I told you EVERYTHING I'd have nothing to surprise you with in a couple months ;) 

Stay tuned!

Edited by Finch

Nice bunch of stuff waiting to go on there! 

Can vote for moog quality by the way... For some reason my car eats ball joints... Even had some mfactory ones and they only lasted about a year. Moog ones were next and they've been on for ages now. Good stuff. 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2016 at 8:08 PM, dr_broon said:

Nice bunch of stuff waiting to go on there! 

Can vote for moog quality by the way... For some reason my car eats ball joints... Even had some mfactory ones and they only lasted about a year. Moog ones were next and they've been on for ages now. Good stuff. 

I had Moog on my EK9, they were great so I decided to go back to them since I'm going to be doing all the suspension I thought I might aswell give everything a refresh save having to do it later on. That way I can get it all aligned properly. Calipers, discs and pads will be next upgrade on Betty :) I'm not intending on doing anything serious with the deck' as my dads on about having it off me in the new year however I have got a rubbing noise coming from the front of the Deck' suspension, kind of a creaking/squeeking noise when I corner slowly so might do a refresh on the deck at the same time, except I probably wont be doing a full suspension rebuild!

I have been playing with some retrofit lighting stuff this weekend, I'm going to get my hands on a pair of headlights and attempt a full custom pair of headlights ;) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jayhoath83 said:

This is getting interesting 

Yeah I've been a bit slow, normally I'm faster on the build but I've been all over the place this year with work. Hopefully 2017 will be the dawn of something cool ;) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

IMG-20170205-WA0001.thumb.jpeg.8738d0ba703feea95c31a9668507287d.jpeg

Fitted a new set of hoses, the layout in the PIC wasn't its final layout as I quickly figured out the one I had plummed to the overflow was actually for the throttle body :lol:

But found the inside of Betty had gone mouldy due to a hole in the roof where the old washer jet on the roof had dropped off. So water had been coming in, that's getting welded up next month :wacko:

• Like 1